Do You Believe in The Supernatural?

by Blueblades 55 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Once you open a conversation about 'ghosts' it's surprising what comes out. Particularly if you are game enough to relate an experience or two of your own.

My friend and neighbour Rob, a big no nonsense ex army commando through personal experience, believes in ghosts and other unexplained phenomena (but like Indiana Jones, is scared of snakes). After I told him about a few of the weird electrical/ghost effects and other 'supernatural' happenings around my forest home, he to my surprise told me of several experiences of his own. One was when he guested overnight in an upstairs bed and breakfast room. He was very tired and as soon as he flopped into the bed it started vibrating and lifting off the floor jumping and banging about.. that freaked him a bit and when it lifted up almost to the ceiling and crashed back down to the floor, he decided he best sleep on the floor.

At breakfast the next morning the owner kept giving him funny looks and eventually asked "did you sleep well last night?" Rob explained what happened and the owner said that he was the first person to have spent the whole night there since his son had died - that was his son's room and he didn't like people sleeping in his bed.

Like me Rob is a bullshit free zone, he reports events but, as much as posible, leaves the interpretation to the listener.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

A lot of people refuse to believe in entities dwelling in other dimensions, in the same way as a lot of them have trouble with believing in us. . . . LMAO........couldn't have said it better myself!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

this also leads me to ask, What is the validity of shamanistic supernatrual experiences? whether it be ancient shaman' using plants, of modern shaman using synthetic/designer compounds...................... The book you want to read is: The Cosmic Serpent, DNA and the Origins of Knowledge by Jeremy Narby. He spends time with various indigenous tribes in the Amazonian area, primarily, and learns that the shamans claim to receive their knowledge from the use of Ayahuesca, that connects them to the plants as sentient beings. GREAT read because it opens Western belief system to a whole different way of looking at our world.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

In the house I live in....there is a "SPOOKY ROOM" I am not kidding you...My son was lifted up off the bed a few inches and heard strange noises like people talking, then he was lowered. That was years ago and we just thought it was a bad dream...but there is no other room in the house where the door closes behind you if you walk inside. Needless to say we use this room as a place for our junk and not as a bedroom anymore.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Nup, sorry Tea4Two, I only believe in stuff that happens to me

When I first moved into the forest my JW father in law came to stay. At that time my camp was just an old caravan under the gum trees. To make things better I laid secondhand carpets between the van and the shower and the van and the campfire pit. I'd already been forced to abandon my atheism by things going bump in the night and many strange effects I've mentioned here before. The first night he stayed I was hoping nothing weird would happen - no voices or walking about outside, no flying pillars of fire .. nothing dissapearing and reappearing the next day .. just a nice peaceful uneventful stay that wouldn't freak the old yorkshire Elder.

That night everything went well, we enjoyed a campfire roast and damper under a starfilled sky and I started familiarising Alan with the night creatures .. the various hooting and screaming Owls, the cheeky possums, croacking sugar gliders, insectivorous bats and other curious beasts. We had a good night sharing many experiences both avoiding religion. So we went to bed happy.

The next day, while I cooked breakfast, Alan suddenly said "I know this is silly, but last night I woke up and could hear two men on horses outside."

Me: "Oh" Alan:"Yes, they started laughing at your carpets haa ha ha.."

Not knowing how to speak about my belief in the possibility of a spirit world, or other much more intense phenomena, without offending his JW sensibilities or scaring the crap outr of him (it's all demons ya know), I changed the subject and we said no more about it. I found it interesting that a non-believer would experience the same thing others had when staying here. Then again Alan is/was a piscean

• KW13
    KW13

call me crazy folks but last night i tried something and it worked. i was scared to death and i'm not ready to tell you yet but i will record it on camera at some point for you all IF i am right. ASK NO MORE>

other than that, we had some scary stuff happen.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Tea.........holy crap! I used to be so terrified of deemunz when I was a young woman age 14, the dubs had scared me so bad of them.......even today, at age 48, and having explored the subject exhaustively and studying with a shaman elder, I have to take a deep breath when I read experiences like that to not revert back to that terror!

• luna2
    luna2

That sounds very interesting, uncleb!

I am in a state of limbo about whether I believe in ghosts or other spiritual manefestations. Nothing has ever happened to me (when I've been awake) that I couldn't explain. Kind of sad really as I was always quite interested in this sort of thing.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I found it interesting that a non-believer would experience the same thing others had when staying here. Then again Alan is/was a piscean.................lol! That explains it, UB.......I'm a double water sign meself........Cancer moon, Pisces rising!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl
    Mary, the book is supposed be the real life investigative account about this "ENTITY" .The author spent over 25 years persuing the facts and history concerning this story. I have not read the book yet and am going to see the movie this Saturday. The Blair Witch story is known that it is a work of fiction. This account is supposed to be the real MCoy. I have not concluded anything about these kind of happening, just curious about these things.

Mary and BB:

This is the account of the Bell Witch of Adams, Tennesee. (I think I have the name of the town right, LOL). The movie, from what I've read, is based on an account by a person outside of the family, that has been somewhat embellished. There is a book written by, I believe, the great-grandson of John Bell, that is far more true to "facts".

What's interesting is that the Bell Witch became so well-known throughout the state at that time that old Stonewall Jackson decided to check out the Bell Witch. After leaving the Bell farm, he noted that he'd rather take on the whole British army than the Bell Witch!

I went to the site on my way to Washington, D.C., and the original farm is not there, and the current owners of the property give tours of the cave where the witch is supposed to have originated. It's a cramped and creepy cave! They have a scrapbook that has bunches of pictures that tourists have taken with some wierd anomalies in them, but inside a cave, it's hard to tell how light, moisture and dust can interact to form anomalous figures. Interesting, nonetheless.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit