Do You Believe in The Supernatural?

by Blueblades 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The Bible is chock full of information about The Supernatural - Ghosts, Demons, Spirits - and the list goes on.

The Apostles, Jesus, and God spoke of the supernatural. The Bible says that the supernatural is real. Does the "SWINE" ring a bell?

Blueblades

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, because I have SEEN it in action with four other eye witnesses.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi FHN! Can you share an example of this? Have you and the four others ever shared this with anyone else? Thanks.

Blueblades

• Clam
    Clam

A lot of people refuse to believe in entities dwelling in other dimensions, in the same way as a lot of them have trouble with believing in us. . .

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Not in the bible sense. Everything else, I don't know.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think there is something out there. Not sure what to call it so supernatural works for me.

I've had several experiences and my 9 year old grandson told me last week that he has "visions". I asked him what he meant, and he described some very specific supernatural experiences he's had.

One experience of mine: My father passed away the end of January. About two weeks ago, I was outside leaning over our sundeck, thinking about him and wondering if I could feel his presence. At that moment, I felt hands on my shoulders from behind, very warm and gentle. It lasted briefly but it filled me with joy and it was very comforting. Did I imagine it? Maybe, but it sure felt like hands on my shoulders.

My grandson's experience: He said he saw his great grandpa (my father) on a battlefield and he was dead. He was there too, and saw him laying in a field. (Dad was in WW2, so that's where that idea came from, but he was in the Navy on a ship). Anyway, it bothered him alot, and when he got home from school the next day, his mother told him that his great grandpa had died the night before. When he told me that, I got chills.

I tend to think we have mind connections with people, and our minds sense when they aren't there anymore. My mother knew my father had died when I went to tell her. Her sister died in October and she knew that too, down to the time of day she died. She said she just felt she was gone. Same with my Dad, she said at dinner the night he died, she felt him slip away. He died about 5:30 that night in a nursing home.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Does 1/10th of a gram of LSD count?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Maybe, I have been told that LSD can open the mind. Have you experienced this for yourself.

Blueblades

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Maybe, I have been told that LSD can open the mind. Have you experienced this for yourself.

Blueblades

The only "supernatrual" experiences I've had were with psychedelic compounds...

this also leads me to ask, What is the validity of shamanistic supernatrual experiences? whether it be ancient shaman' using plants, of modern shaman using synthetic/designer compounds....

the most i've ever ingested was about approximatly 1/10th of a gram of LSD (1000 doses)... I will say, I did not plan on taking that much... but when I found myself in that situation (jail for a long time, or an indefinate trip) there was only one option... I can only be thankful that I had it in a raw form (don't think I could have eaten a whole page/sheet of paper)

I'll say this though... I would not trade that experience for anything

• Kudra
    Kudra

Not even remotely.
    Read "A Demon-haunted World" by Carl Sagan if you need help with this problem... ;)
    -K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit