What kind of funeral will you have?

by MsMcDucket 59 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Crematorium bound. No memorial service, unless my wife feels like she wants one. But if she wants one it will be done the way SHE says, for her more than for me. I'll be dead, what do I care how it is done.

I just don't want my body on display. The idea of looking at a dead hunk of human flesh is ... morbid. I am not my body.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• lilybird
    lilybird

I just want to be cremated.. no big fuss.. if my kids want to have a small service because it gives them closure that is fine.. I can't see spending a lot of money once your life is over. its better spent while you are alive.. When my father in law died as a JW he had lots of relatives and JW friends. so my mother in law rented a huge hall to have a dinner in after the service at the hall.. It was a real circus..I thought it was silly and tastless really.. but she loved all the fuss...

• jojochan
    jojochan

I would want those that knew me to do a memorial in my loving memory. Those that want to speak can do so in THEIR own way. I would not want to have an " ordained " minister to talk about my life, but friends, family and those that I loved so much in my life. I would like to think that I had touched lives in my own little way no matter how small and subtle it may have been. So that when I'm gone from this life; they can remember and in turn give back that same positive vibe and love that I had shown to them.

But I will be cremated, and would want my ashes not to be kept in a box, or urn, but be taken to a place that I loved to go to so much and really where I wanted to live which is in Carmel, Ca right on that peninsula drive right by Nepenthe. There I would want them to let me go...let me for once be free to drift in any which way that I choose. They can weep for me, but really that's not what I want, I would want them to celebrate my life, my loves, and my pains, and throw the most drunken wild and sexually charged party in my behalf.

But most of all remember me for me....and know that I'm free now, and that I'll always be in their hearts, every single one.

jojochan.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I want to be cremated, it'll just be my friends as I don't have any family that would come and then I want my ashes taken back to Scotland to a certain hill between Crianlarich and Tyndrum that looks out over the Highlands and I'll have my ashes spread there.

• startingover
    startingover

Since I think funeral services are really just for the living, I guess I don't care anymore what happens when I'm gone. I can't imagine my wife having a JW funeral for me, but who knows. I guess if that makes her feel better, whatever. Now if there does happen to be some afterlife, and I could observe the whole thing, now that would be interesting.

• LEC
    LEC

I want a service w/ pictures & music, my son will be Bad Day by Daniel Potwer...LOL then they can cremate my ass

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I used to think just cremate me and let it go.

But I just got back from the river where I said a few words and threw rose in the water for my sister who died last Nov.

My mother didn't think enough of her to have some kind of funeral. Not that I think my sister should get WT infomercial.

Over the Xmas holidays my daughters and I had our own little rememberance of her.

This has made me realize how important it is for those left behind to have an opportunity to say goodbye.

My oldest daughter says she doesn't care that I wanted nothing. She will do something that feels right for her, her sister and the grandchildren. And since they are the ones who will need to find a way to grieve then I am leaving that up to them. But nothing fancy or expensive.

I'm still POed at my mother though about how little she did after my sister died. She didn't even go to the city to make the arrangments.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oh ya, and then at the end, my friends can chop up my body, and feed them to the alligators. :) they could even have a chopped up josh flesh fight, where they all laugh hysterically while whipping pieces of me at each other.

ts

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well what would be nice is for everyone to have a good party and drink all courtesy of me

• Balsam
    Balsam

I reciently went to a Church near me called Bethel Baptist Church, it was an all black church. The service was 2 hrs on Easter Sunday, and I was so impressed with the passion and the singing and calling God's attention that I know for a certainly that I want my funeral preformed by those wonderful people. They were awesome, and made this old white woman feel so welcome. I love their attitude of love.

I'm not a church goer persay but I want them to do my funeral for me one day if they are willing.

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit