What kind of funeral will you have?

by MsMcDucket 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Mine's gonna be a celebration.

That way, my friends who know I'm in a better place will celebrate that fact and people who didn't like me can celebrate getting shut of me.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I think the way I'd love to go out is like the Druids/Celts/Norse did. They would build this big wood bed and set you on it and light it on fire and then cast you out to sea. Very spiritual sounding to me. THEN....yes, yes, a big old brew-ha-ha. Lots of food, alcohol, smoking, fun times. In all things considered I'm a blip on the grand radar. Actually, a blip may be too generous. Mourn me for the moment, and get on with your lives..... :)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It depends where I die.

There is no crematorium here so local tradition is a casket and hundreds of mourners if you're well known, with the guys carrying the remains from the church to the grave. It's very sombre and poignant.

The service is usual begun and finished with the singing of a Psalm and a prayer, centered with the reading of a text of scripture. No preaching or eulogy. Then get straight down to the business of disposing of the remains.

Spartan and simple, just as I like it.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Cremation for me, definately!

No Christian service either, just a simple service where some lovely poetry is read.

Sirona

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LT I thought that they put you on a raft and set fire to it and pushed the boat out to sea where you are from? No?

I'm sure there'd be one or two lady passengers for your firey launch!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    It depends where I die.

Good point LT. If you are lost at sea, it would change the funeral somewhat. I will probably just be found slumped over my computer mid post on JWD with a panic button clasped in one hand. lol

• KW13
    KW13

oh i dunno...something simple that will do me justice.

• ballistic
    ballistic

wow that's a spooky coincidence with your post crumpet.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A viking burial would be pretty cool, but kinda pretentious in this day and age.

I know folks here tend to think about the way I left the JWs with a bang, but leaving this life in a similar fashion would be a bit much - LOL.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

*A viking burial would be pretty cool, but kinda pretentious in this day and age.*

LT-

pretentious you say??!! I guess you didn't read MY post. he he he

but hell, I don't care if it is pretentious. It seems like such a great way to go to me.

BTW - nice to see you around LT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit