What kind of funeral will you have?

by MsMcDucket 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well LT if you change your mind note that I shall be only too happy to strike the match! hehe! (No I'd be devastated really! Honest!)

Actually that reminds me of a very strange conversation i had in bed this morning. I like to throw in off the wall unexpected comments first thing as it helps Mr C wake up faster. Only this time it was him - he asked how long you should wait after your partner's demise before starting a new relationship. And I said well I'd probably start seeing other people within 6 months or so but I doubt I'd get emotionally involved with anyone that fast, because that would be my way of dealing with the pain. SO he said if I got sick and was likely to die he would probably start dating too as that would be HIS way of dealing with the pain.

Just thought I'd share that!

• Sirona
    Sirona
    firey launch

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona
    I will probably just be found slumped over my computer mid post on JWD with a panic button clasped in one hand. lol

LOL @ Ballistic

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

If I die in a suitable manner, my organs will be harvested for people who need them more than I do. Whatever's left of my body will be donated to science. (Well, what did you expect?!) When the medical students have finished poking and slicing me, I expect them to return the remains of my remains to my nearest and dearest who will bury me in a biodegradable coffin (or shroud) in a meadow and plant a tree over the grave.

There will be a simple funeral, some inspirational (secular!) poems read, maybe a rendition of Monty Python's "Always look on the bright side of life", eulogies from those who care, and a great big drunken party.

I was considering plastination by Gunther van Hagens (see http://www.koerperwelten.de/en/pages/gunther_von_hagens.asp) but my girlfriend objected.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

funkyderek - I was seriously considering plastination - although I didn;t know the word for it - I just knew I wanted the German's doctors hands on my body! His display Bodies is on in London so I may go see it on Monday if I can get tickets.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

The thing I have never understood is why folks get themselves all 'preserved' (formaldehyde) and placed in a metal box. I feel that the sooner one gets back to the elements that one came from, the better. Sorta like recycling, eh?

I've had the thought for a long time that I want to be cremated.

I don't want any big fancy service... just a small one... with a few close friends (all 3 of 'em) telling humorous stories of way back when.

No songs... no tears... unless they're tears of laughter.

Regards,

Jim TX

• anewme
    anewme

My plan for a big funeral with hundreds of guests is wrecked I guess due to the dfing. I was rather a celeb in long time faithful service in my area. My husband and I invested years ago in a very expensive and prestigious mausoleum space. We chose a very prominent marble faced double vault in a brand new section of our towns cemetery. I even worked there briefly for a summer to get the 20% employee discount.
    My ex wants a grand JW memorial and buriel (Circuit Overseer style) with hundreds pouring into town for the occasion. Believe me, he'll get it.

But me, now thats another story now. My half of the vault will remain empty as I have left the JWs and married another.

Now that I am a pagan mountain nature woman I have discussed the idea with the new husband of cremating me and burying my ashes in the beautiful Rockefeller State Park in California. The same place we plan on burying our dogs when they die. Trouble is, we have no children and who will sprinkle husband near me????

Ah the troubles we bring on ourselves when we fail to pre-study our Watchtower mags, kids.

• whyizit
    whyizit

I've heard of this being done before. I would like to do this too. I would like to have my funeral BEFORE I die!

I'd like to have it in a park somewhere, kind of like a family reunion, with friends, and people like you guys that I have never had a chance to meet. I'd like to have a band, or at least a DJ, playing my favorite music. Fried chicken and lots of pic-nic type food. I want to see everyone before I am gone, just one more time! Have a big fun time! Tell funny and sad stories about how we met, things we did, things that we went through together, etc... Things they will remember that maybe I forgot.

Then, when I really am gone, they can do whatever they want, but no big funeral. Scatter my ashes on the wind, put my body in the ground, slide me in a drawer, donate me to science. I don't care! I won't really be there anyway. That is just the dust I came from. What is really me will be with the Father. And that is what is most important!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I would like to be cremated. A simple life-celebration service on the beach with anyone who wants to speak some good words about me. Then, have my ashes scattered in the ocean .

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm totally with you there whyizit - some little girls spend their lives dreaming about being at their wedding whereas I have always dreamt of being at my own funeral. There is absolutely no reason why I couldn't do this except it might seem a bit like tempting fate a bit to have it and some guests might find it in poor taste - but what the hell!

crumpet of the: "Will and Grace, Poor Taste generation"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit