What kind of funeral will you have?

by MsMcDucket 59 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Google "Mass grave" and you'll get a picture

• serendipity
    serendipity

All I know is that I want all the useful stuff to be harvested from my body and then I want to be cremated and have my ashes scattered in the ocean. If my daughter wants to have a service, that's her decision.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I've shared my wishes to be cremated with my BF. I hope I go first, cuz, if he does, then I gotta drag his dead ass all the way to Maine where his dad is buried. I want people to try to remember the fun and funny things that happened in my life..........dumb stuff as well as good stuff..........I want people to laugh and cry at my memorial.........more laughter than tears, I'm hoping. Ooooh, that's right, Serendipity reminded me that I'm an organ donor.........take as much of me that's useful and that will help others, I won't need it anymore.........I've also thought about having myself added to others ashes to form a reef and benefit the fish after I'm gone........I think that's a rather cool idea, as I've always been a bit frightened of water because I almost drowned when I was 10.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I too would like to have the Viking/Celtic funeral. There is something very cool about the idea of a burning dragon ship being set out to sea with me and my weapons in it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I want Amazing Grace played on bagpipes, and Charlotte Church's version of I Vow to Thee My Country. Plus these songs that made me happy:

Beethoven's 5th

The Carpenters - Close To You, We've Only Just Begun and Karen Carpenter's Version of Ava Maria...

Lord I Lift Your Name on High

All of my friends getting up and saying nice things about me (LOL)

My cremated remains put in the family plot - with the words

Beloved wife, daughter and Googler!

• White Waves
    White Waves

I will have a non-denominational viewing and service. I will be buried (closed casket- read:STIFF by Marion Roach) in a peaceful graveyard where I can have the stone of my choice, near my familia that is NOT jw- and will visit my grave.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and cremated not buried

• White Waves
    White Waves

AMEN - stillajwexelder!! Cremation is the way to go.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    oh, and make sure you all use up the rest of my bulk buy paints on the walls.

Some Peter Max-type stuff O.K.? Always dug the 60's art.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I just know that I'd rather be cremated than eaten by worms and bugs. The thought gives me the "willies"! As if I would know that the darn bugs are eating me. I'll be dead. I don't know why I don't care about the fire burning me!??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit