OK believers, time to put up or shut up...

by Gregor 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Gregor, I think Lilly's responce on how to disrupt a talk at the KH or convention was "TONGUE and CHEEK" not to be taken seriously.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Gregor,

I went back and read your last post about me and you totally again misunderstood what I said. Here is is again.

I WAS NOT SAYING THAT THE WT ORGANIZATION TAUGHT ME TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS, WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT SINCE I WAS IN THE WT AND THEY TOTALLY TREAT EVERYONE BUT THEM WITH DISRESPECT BECASUE THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT BELIEF SYSTEM, I LEARNED THAT IT IS NOT RIGHT TO DO.

AND I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH HOW JUDGEMENTAL THEY WERE TO EVERY ONE ELSE SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY BELONGED TO ANOTHER RELIGION. THAT IS A LESSON I LEARNED WHILE IN THE WT, NOT THAT THE WT TAUGHT ME IT.

Now, do you understand. Please read more carefully the posts I have made. I learned a lot about how NOT to treat people from my expereince in the WT.

and I learned not to be abusive to others, too bad you did not learn that too.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks tea for two,

It was obviously a joke. No one is taking that thread seriously except for Gregor because he wants to find fault with someone. When you come out of a cult, sometimes humor helps you to resolve issues of anger. I wouldn't actually do that at a JW meeting.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Corproal

I guess this discussion has plumbed the depth of your intellect and found the bottom to be in very shallow water.

In light of the Posting Guidelines, especially #1, 2 & 3 I am requesting the board to decide if you should even be on here. You are obviously still very proud of your apparent street thug background.

• startingover
    startingover
    I've heard it before and I can never quite understand the talk by christians about keeping their beliefs to themselves. Doesn't that go against the main thing christianity uses to promote itself. Isn't that one of the main duties of a christian?

That's why it's been described as a meme.

difference is, your still given a choice.

What is the choice, believe in Jesus or burn in hell for eternity? You really call that a choice.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Yep, Lilly! Gregor seems to be devoid of, a sense of humor......He is clutching at straws to make a point.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks for clearing that up, Lovelylil. I guess your not a self rightous, condescending hypocrite. I misunderstood.

• corproal
    corproal

Grgor,

If you had bothered to read you would have read that this is how I used to view things re-read the quote

"Gregor in my previous life I would have told you something like this ,"M[edit] [edit] shut the [edit] up before I peel your m[edit] [edit] cap",but I won't and I apologize .Just showing you how peple can and do change.

Craig"

So re-read and if they want to kick me off no big deal life will continue. And about being a thug I look down on thugs and don't glorify the life-style. So which part of the message did you not understand? Craig
  • kid-A
    kid-A

Basically, science starts by limiting its field of analysis to preclude the possibility of a "spiritual" aspect to reality and then challenges believers to prove that there is a "spiritual" aspect to reality

Wrong, and wrong. I would first ask you, have you ever actually performed a scientific experiment, written a scholarly article, had it peer-reviewed at a scientific journal and then had it published? If not, you are speaking of a process and profession you know very little about as the above statement demonstrates.

As a scientist, I dont "preclude" anything in the independent variable. However, obviously, such a variable would have to be observable in order for me to analyze it. A scientist works with operationally defined variables that are agreed upon based on previous knowledge and collected observations. "Spirituality" is a concept. Not a measurable quantity. Do you really believe that scientists "challenge" believers to prove spirituality? This is just hubris. Science, and the scientific method reside in a separate sphere of reality from "spirituality" and has no interest whatsoever in whether or not people "perceive" some supernatural element in their environments. It is entirely irrelevant to basic scientific research and I am always entertained when hearing these conspiracy theories about us evil scientists trying to deconstruct the mysterious world of "spirituality". I assure you, we are far too busy with graduate students and post-doctoral fellows and running our labs, to have the time to worry about nebulous "feelings" that have no empirical foundation.

• corproal
    corproal

I guess this discussion has plumbed the depth of your intellect and found the bottom to be in very shallow water

Uh no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit