How many former JW witness current this forum

by PyroJoe 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I left because the food and company upset my stomach.

They fed you?

Yeah....tainted spiritual banquets and poisoned spiritual food from the Watchtowergod.....JWs haven't reached the moldy carrot kept over their heads quite yet.

• Kaput
    Kaput

When it was time to go, it was time to go.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Welcome!!!

I was raised in it since I was 5. With the exception of a memorial about 5 years ago, I haven't been to a meeting in over 11 years. These past 11 years have been a lot better then the previous 23.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Joe-

Welcome to the board. I was raised as a JW. Df''d twice. I left mainly because my stepdad, who was a ministerial servant had molested me for years. I spent most of my time in elders meetings because every time I got in trouble for anything, my parents called them. I've been out for 22 years. They wrecked not only my life, but my entire family's. I have witnessed them allowing innocent people to die on a whim. They only care about money and control.

shelley

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

STILL IN

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi Joe. I left JW. I'm so happy now!

• freddi
    freddi

brainwashed by my best friend when i was twelve. never seriously joined but i went through all of the same mannerisms that they did like not saluting the flag, celebrating holidays etc. when i was 22jyrs old i started attending the hall regularly..i didn't become baptized until i was 27. i married a j.w. brother at 28 and i left the org at 30.

i am glad that i took so long to be indoctrinated. it showed me that at least i had some sort of control over my own life. i left the org because i wanted to not because i was df or da. i couldn't take the constant intrusion of them in my life.

however, being involved for so very long had it's bad effects. i still struggle with guilt when i see them. it is getting better though with the help of freeminds.com and this board.

peace,

freddi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit