I caught my JW parents digging in my trash + an intervention

by LeftBehind 56 Replies latest jw friends

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

Oh where to start. I will start with catching my parents digging in my trash. My neighbor called me on the phone and thought I would like to know that 2 people were digging in my trash and asked if she should call the police. I jumped out of bed and and ran to the back yard thinking I was going to bust some elders. To my shock it was my parents. It is really sad that they had to stoop to that. I have loads and loads of JW research and sometimes I write things down on scratch paper and I print things off websites and then throw it away when I don't need it anymore. They did not bust me with anything really concrete. I was looking into Scientology and reading up on it. I was trying to see what turned Tom Cruise into such a weirdo. His views on child birth and depression are very disturbing to me. So anyway I printed some stuff out on Scientology and that is all they got. They asked me if I was going to become a Scientoligst and I was like no. They told me it was a cult. So they know I am looking at cults. I sent them home and I was not really angry with them. I can tell they are getting desperate and the next day I went to Sams and bought a shredder.

Now about my intervention. I mentioned here that I was going to skip the memorial. I did skip it and to my shock my whole JW family showed up afterwards and confronted me about not going. There must have been about 15 of them. They would not leave. All I got was why why why why did I skip the memorial and quit the meetings. All they got out of me is that I was on a journey. Oh that made them mad and they said they were going to do whatever it took to help get me out of this slump. The next day the PO called me and wanted to stop by. I asked him if anyone was on the other line listening and he said no. He asked why would I ask that. I told him just curious. I told him I was not interested in a shepherding call and that I would contact them when I was ready. They are going to be waiting a very long time.

So I have family and friends that call me 2-3 times a day everyday and stop by e/o day. I am beginning to feel like I am being stalked. Some actually have the nerve to question my whereabout when I am gone. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to go home. It never fails I have some damn note on my door. I am getting tempted to hang a letter of DA on my door so they leave me alone. I have considered moving into a gated community but I will hold off on that for a little while.

• blondie
    blondie

Get a crosscut shredder; use it on all discarded research; also any financial information...I shred everything even the labels on my meds.

Blondie

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

WOW. I know that does not say much, but really that is all I can think to say. Again, WOW!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

give it awhile with the folks/friends...

in the beginning they get "desperate" for you. Then they realize they can't do nuttin. Give it time. It's working for me. And with dealing with Elders... well that depends on their personality.

• blondie
    blondie

Drop bys, don't answer the door.

If anyone has keys, take them back.

Pushy, pushy, pushy family and relatives...this will back fire on them.

Don't answer their questions, don't let them inside your apartment. Develop a deaf ear. Teach them were the door is.

Blondie

• serendipity
    serendipity

I know their attention is a nuisance, but enjoy it while it lasts. As time goes on, they may not be there for you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It sounds very disturbing, but you are doing a good job of keeping yourself out of trouble. Keep it up.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Wow is right. If I caught any family member, or 'friend' digging through my trash, I'd have them arrested.

I could see my mom doing that to me. She always searched my room when I was younger. Other than my becoming an adult, nothing has changed with her.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Dear Left Behind,

Thank you for giving me the best laugh all night!

They asked me if I was going to become a Scientoligst and I was like no. They told me it was a cult.

Now, if that is not the kettle calling the pot black! LOL

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

I am trying to develop boundaries but it is hard. They are so desperate. It's just a matter of time before I am busted. I am not going to hide my relationship with my brother and he drops by from time to time. I usually go to his house to escape the JW's especially on meeting nights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit