I caught my JW parents digging in my trash + an intervention

by LeftBehind 56 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

If they ever do that again, you should act all concerned and tell them if they don't have enough to eat you would be happy to buy them some groceries, that they should never feel they have to raid your garbage for food.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Unique1 said,

If they ever do that again, you should act all concerned and tell them if they don't have enough to eat you would be happy to buy them some groceries, that they should never feel they have to raid your garbage for food.
    LOL! Pick up a couple of cans of cat food at the supermarket and keep them handy. Then you will have something to offer your parents - maybe with some Ritz crackers. In my city, we can put shredded paper into either the yard (green) waste or the recyclables bin. In either case, there's nothing that says the shredded paper has got to be dry. Empty a can of CocaCola into the shedded paper. That will make it nice to play with, and it will jump-start the decomposition process. Other stinky things could be employed. Get a bottle of southeast Asian "fish sauce" (nouk mam) and sprinkle a bit of that on the sheds. Phew! Just a bit goes a long way, and your folks will recoil if that product isn't part of their usual cuisine.
  • willyloman
    willyloman
    All they got out of me is that I was on a journey.

Good answer!

• ballistic
    ballistic

I know it's been hinted at but the IRONY of someone displaying cultish activity while accusing you of looking into cults!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Put beanarama in your trash he/she sure talks it.

• carla
    carla

Either booby trap the garbage with disgusting things or leave a nice Hallmark card addressed to them right on top! Make it a mushy 'sorry your going through a hard time right now' kind.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. Get a cross cut shredder. Shred everything with any personal information on it, or anything you consider private.
    2. Use an answering machine, and don't give out too much information in your outgoing message. Censor all calls. If it's important, callers will leave a message. If someone fails to leave a message, you should assume the call is probably not in your best interests.
    3. Make it clear that you do not accept drop in visits from anyone. That includes family. If someone wants to visit they need to make an appointment. Drop in visits indicate a lack of respect for you.
    4. If you don't want to talk to someone, then don't talk to them. Hang up the phone or slam the door in their faces. Feel free to tell anyone to fuck off. Allowing people to force themselves upon you won't make them respect you.
    5. It's YOUR HOME! That means YOU make the rules! Everyone else must OBEY THEM or GET OUT! No exceptions.
    6. Don't feel obligated to answer questions that make you uncomfortable. If you don't want to answer a question tell the person you prefer to keep your thoughts on the matter to yourself. If they persist, tell them to leave. If they don't leave, call police.

W

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ the "Intervention" as I have been watching this series on A&E.

You could really scare them by telling them you're cultivating a close personal relationship with JESUS!!!!!

• Wax:on
    Wax:on

Alright troops...

DrJekyl who makes this list of what defines a cult and where can i see it?

i'd love to check it out for a bit more evidence when me and my siblings challenge our folks in our animated Jehovahs witness discussions when we're clearly pointing out the org's brain washing and cultish characteristics

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was really intrusive of them coming to your place to find incriminating evidence about you. I was also going to say use a shredder, originally I used to take out any unwanted rough and other work on paper in the garden and burn it to ashes but now I use a shredder. I also use a second computer that's never connected to the internet to process and store sensitive information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit