WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE NOW?

by bubble 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Parley,

Thank you for that. After watching the little presentation I've decided to convert to becoming a photographer. All those lovely pictures. I now realise that there is something bigger out there. And all I need is some rose tinted glasses. From now on all my posts are going to be accompanied by repetitive piano scales in either the key of C or G. If its a sad post it will be in Dm, "the saddest of all keys".

Trust me, I'm now being emotioned by my forthcoming motions.

steve

• piscesinphoenix
    piscesinphoenix

Hi, Bubble.

I didn't begin to realize my relationship with God until I started fading from JW's 5 years ago. I'd been a baptised witness for 14 years but never understood how faithful He had been to me all that time. Witnesses admonish against reading, watching or listening to other opinions about the Bible outside their own publications/speakers, etc. Now, I never even thought about tuning into Christian TV before; but one night, I did...feeling rebelious and evil-minded... lo and behold, it was like that lady-preacher was speaking just to me (a word at the right time?). What she said struck a raw nerve and started turning me around. I underwent my own crisis of conscience; I spent a lot of time reading the Bible, on my knees praying, crying, fearful that I was doing wrong by God, that I'd just fallen prey to Satan's machinations. But the answers that were being revealed to me was that God is not partial (just as Paul said); that no one can possibly know the mind of God (hence JW's and other religions don't have an option being the one and only 'truth'); that God's Truth is written on the heart, not in a JW rule-book; that Jesus had promised to send His "helper" the Holy Spirit to guide and teach God's way. I disappeared from the Kingdom Hall little by little; no one followed. I believe that yes, the Holy Spirit guided me away from JW's...not because they're evil people at the mercy of their Organization, but because it was time for me to grow further in my relationship with Jehovah in a different venue. When you have the helper to guide you, wherever you are is where you need to be at that moment in time. When it's time for you to take another step up, you'll be guided to do so. Keep all things before God and you'll succeed. He's taken very good care of me all these years. God bless.

• Synergy
    Synergy

Bubble,

EXACTLY! I felt the same way you described from 2001-2005. I got on my knees one morning and told God he HAD to give me a sign. I felt that I got what I asked for and then I prayed hard and studied hard to see what I believed. I am so proud of you for expressing how you feel and asking for help. Seriously and heartfelt ask God himself to show you what path he wants you to walk. It may not be what I am doing, so I won't tell you to do what I'm doing. God has a specific plan for each person's life. We have to ask him to speak to our heart one on one (isn't it great that He can without the Watchtower?) and tell us what He wants us to do. The question you asked, Bubble, "what do I beleive now?" is what kept me from leaving for so long. I just didn't know where I would land after leaving and that was scary. I started church hopping. I read this site a lot..and still do. I read a lot of books like The Purpose Driven Life, Connecting, The Case for Faith, and several different Bible translations of key texts. I was in a book or on the internet hours every day and then I finally found a church I loved and was baptized in a non denominational Christian Church. If you ever just want someone to talk to who has been in the exact same place as you and was scared to death, email me and I'll send you my phone number. You can find true worship that feels great to you and to God and that will be my prayer for you today.

Renee

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm still keeping it very simple for now and just hanging on to 'love'. It's my religion at this time. I don't feel the need to append any complex set of beliefs to it.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I was trawling through older posts and found this one and thought I would respond.

I agree with a lot of whats been said here already although my take on it could be very different.

When I came to understand more about the truth about the truth it became apparent that I would simply have to start from scratch; almost break down my belief system completely and then start to build it back up again, this time however through independent research I have been able to properly develop my ideas and start to at least lay a foundation upon which to build more.

Just because you leave one religion it doesnt mean you have to join another; your free, draw your breath and begin your journey!

Enjoy!

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit