WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE NOW?

by bubble 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• bubble
    bubble

I've been disfellowshipped for 4 years now (for loose conduct - LOL)

What I want to know is, what am I supposed to believe now?

I was brought up a JW but I know that so many of their teachings and doctrines are completely false.

I know that I believe in Jesus, but I felt like I learnt so much more about him by watching the film 'The Passion of the Christ' than I ever learnt from countless meetings and memorials.

And that's all I know. I feel like I'm in a spiritual no-man's-land. The org has really screwed me up on this one. All I hope is that God really can read hearts and that he sees my confusion!!

Anyone else feel this way too?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Hi bubble,

Yes. I feel the same way you do. While at Bethel, I saw the PofC.

WAC - xElder xBethelite

hang in there, we are in it together :-)

• KW13
    KW13

i go Church of England. The sermons are great, i walk away feeling really good.

• bubble
    bubble

Hi WAC, great film wasn't it? I never cried so much in my life.

Great job leaving Bethel, by the way. Was that Brooklyn bethel?

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Are you having trouble believing in God/Jesus or problems in trusting organised religion?

I don't think I could trust anyone who claimed to know the right way to worship. My progression from that is either God doesn't have a representative on earth, God doesn't exist or I just can't recognised what's before me.

My film of religious enlightenment was the “Life of Brian”

• daystar
    daystar
    What I want to know is, what am I supposed to believe now?

Test the assumption that you are "supposed" to believe anything at all; that there is anything to believe in in the sense that you mean.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Bubble,

It's tough to find you've been lied to. Particularly if the only way you've really had faith was as a JW. There are many different faiths represented here on JWD, very successful folks that are happy as all git out with what they've discovered. And there are also those that have happily abandoned all faith.

How would you feel about starting over? You've discovered that a true-sounding story doesn't make a truthful one, so why not embark on a journey to find what rings true for you? Not "the truth", but what is true for you.

Good luck! Enjoy the journey.

Dave

• bubble
    bubble

We have to believe in something. If we didn't why are there so many religions?

I have lost my faith in organised religion though. So where does this leave me exactly?

In reply to KW, how long did it take you to go to the CofE and did it feel weird?

• trevor
    trevor

Bubble

Why believe in anything that requires an act of faith? Such belief can never amount to more than guess-work.

An appreciation of all that is and that can be experienced and observed is a more reliable and rewarding basis for living.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I feel like I'm in a spiritual no-man's-land. The org has really screwed me up on this one. All I hope is that God really can read hearts and that he sees my confusion!!

Thats me! I started thinking this the other day, if he does see our confusion, then he can see in our hearts that we were stumbled by the wts claiming to be his one and only true religion. Why would he let the crows pick our eyeballs out in armageddon, if its not our fault?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit