Will the elders listen to me even though i'm disfellowshiped

by Lehaa 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

forget the elders. let the court system handle this.

• parlay
    parlay

Depends on the elders. Most will not give your side much consideration, unless they are looking for

something against your ex. If he's a part of the good old boys club, your argument will probably go in one

ear and out the other. Use the secular authorities to get the monetary support due you. Legal

action is your right. Let them know that if they will not give you justice, in addition to exercising your legal rights,

you plan on sending documentation to the societies legal department. Mention of

the legal department seems to put fear in the heart of elders.

• merfi
    merfi

When I was DF, I called the PO of the ex's congregation for this exact same thing. He told me "You need to focus on restoring your spirituality and relationship with Jehovah" blahblahblah and didn't bother to listen to me... I was just another 'worldly' person, so couldn't be trusted. Maybe if I'd stated the scrip about providing for the household, it would have sparked him. But prolly not. Anyway, my attorney got the ex's attention with a threat or two. I'd recommend using the legal system vs the WT "system".

Another point -- they may take it as you being scorned and vengeful, kwim? (this is what I've heard from my own creep elders about my own situation) Not that you are, but as a DF person, his remarriage etc -- it's just how it may APPEAR to those who are looking for it.

~merfi

• carla
    carla

The court system can't help you? don't deadbeat dad's go to jail these days? On a jw front, I would think that the jw's would be very embarrassed to have a deadbeat dad in the cong. Threaten to make it very public. Or go to the kh and ask publicly if he has the money he owes you for the care of his children or when you can expect payment. Let his PO dad know you will do this. (how is his dad even talking to him after having a relationship with the sitter?!!)

• serendipity
    serendipity

How about standing in front of the KH with signs reading: Brother XXXX pay your child support.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I'm surprised PO dad is still a PO with a son that's behaving like him. Most have the decency to stand down in cases like this.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think it depends on the elders in the group. If you have a group of power grubbers [most cong have some at least], and they are short on people to persecute this week, and for some reason hate the PO [his dad], they might publicly reprove him or something if it is severe.

Most likely they have no ability to compel him to pay - so best advise is do it legally. Of course making his life miserable with the elder's is not a bad idea anyway. Sounds like he might need that.

Jeff

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    How about standing in front of the KH with signs reading: Brother XXXX pay your child support.

That would work for me!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

though I don't believe in the bible... 1 Timothy 5:8... I love quoting that to my mom when she tries to guilt trip me...

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

If you tell the elders that you will have him arrested if he doesn't pay and emphasize what reproach that will bring on Jehovah and the CONGREGATION, that might help. They hate publicity.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit