Will the elders listen to me even though i'm disfellowshiped

by Lehaa 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

The most the elders could do is DF him for not paying his child support; but that would not get you the child support money.

Also, I find elders tend to apply the follwoing reasoning to many things such as child support including turning in pedophiles:

w86 10/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Elders in the Christian congregation are responsible to handle violations of divine law, such as stealing, murder, and immorality. But God did not require congregation elders to enforce Caesar’s laws and codes. Hence, Paul did not feel compelled to turn over to Roman authorities Onesimus, who was a fugitive under Roman law. (Philemon 10, 15) Of course, if someone flagrantly violates secular law, gaining the reputation of being a lawbreaker, he would not be a good example and might even be disfellowshipped. (1 Timothy 3:2, 7, 10) If lawbreaking was involved in causing another’s death, bloodguilt requiring congregation investigation might result.

If you want the child support money, the best route is to go to your legal resources.

Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    If you want the child support money, the best route is to go to your legal resources.

Blondie is right there.. but no harm done in trying it. They should be moved to at least ask him about it . And "Accusations from the outside bring reproach" etc

• jgnat
    jgnat

Do elders give the same weight of evidence from non-JW's as from JW's? No.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Thanks for all you're help and support. It's helped a lot. I know the elders can not make him pay anything etc., but hell It's gonna nake his life sticky for a while. I'm also in the process of writing letters to my family, who still think my ex is fantastic, and tell them what he's been up to. I know I probably won't get any where, but it's something I feel i need to do. And hey, i might stand outside the KH will a plackard, Just for the hell of it, LOL

• James Free
    James Free
    Most have the decency to stand down in cases like this

NO WAY! Whilst some may 'stand down', most hang on to their positions as if their life depended on it. Many who 'stand down' were actually pushed, but resign to save face.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The elders wont help you get child support, but they may have some fun disfellowshipping him. You need proof that he speaks to disfellowshipped people, I was threatened with being disfellowshipped for visiting a disfellowshipped person.That would pay him back in fear at least if he thinks God will destroy him at Armageddon if he is d/f.

My wife was having trouble getting her child support so she referred it to the child support agency http://www.csa.gov.au/ , have you tried that? They just garnishee it from his wage every week.

• caeomas
    caeomas

not your's but his

• stolenyouth
    stolenyouth

Caeomas, just ask if you need help in constructing a sentence.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You will not lose anything by trying if it works fine if not it's not the end of the world.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Lehaa - If you want to punish your husband for being a jerk and a hypocrite, fine, go to the elders. BUT, if you ALSO want what is best for your children, you should seek legal remedies with lawyers and people who specialize in child support cases. As a single parent of 18 years, I cannot stress this enough. The elders will be of little if any help to you or your kids, who are probably suffering enough as the direct result of the JW's homewrecking tactics. Keep in mind that if you come across as an embittered "tattle tale" (to your ex-hubby's family and friends), or if you come across as someone with a vendetta, (which you may rightfully have!), it could backfire on you and your kids. I would try to keep the letter-writing limited to writing an attorney or child support case workers. You could end up defending yourself against defamation charges or some such nonsense if you don't use care; and that would take more away from you and from your kids. You've already suffered enough. Use the law of the land to benefit you and your kids. The fact that your ex is not paying child support should be humiliating enough, but JWs have very strange ideas about their responsibilites to us worldly ones, as you know! I hope you can use your anger productively and help yourself and your kids. I totally empathize with your situation. Please let us know if you are able to talk with some kind of legal services and/or child support case workers somewhere in your area. I think it is especially urgent to get such a court-ordered arrangement in place before he re-marries, and to stick to your guns on getting it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit