Will the elders listen to me even though i'm disfellowshiped

by Lehaa 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

jw,

I know firsthand kind words don't work in these instances. Money is too powerful a force to be overcome w/ a soft word. The law is your best recourse.

I know you are new and curious, but it is nobody's business why anyone on the board is no longer a dub unless they choose to share that info. Mind your manners.

po/ PO/p.o= presiding overseer

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Lehaa, firstly I want to thank you for introducing me to this board. It's been my lifeline!

What do Child Support Agency have to say about it, or is it they who have failed you? I'm all for the legal avenues, but if it comes to it, I'll picket his kingdom hall with you if you want!

Hope it works out!

• jw
    jw

Excuse me!

But I ask if they minded my asking so I did mind my manners!

• beanorama
    beanorama

if youre looking for alimony or child support look at the civil court system

• dido
    dido

I agree with `unbeliever, don`t bother with the elder`s, go thro` the legal system for your money, but also make sure the cong knows what he is up to, just tell somone, gossip is rife and it will spread like wildfire, then they will have to do something!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Lehaa - good for you in your decision to keep the 4-year-old away from the brainwashing. She is at too tender an age to be played with in that manner by a cult and your ex. It is entirely wrong what he's done, all around. Glad to hear you're going to use the legal system. That's best for you and the kids. Hugs to you!

Jw - I don't want to hijack Lehaa's thread here, discussing internet ettiquette; mainly because I am sure that I have been guilty of bad manners myself. But, I must take issue with the highly question "why were you disfellowshipped." Within this context, that is an extremely invasive question that appears to seek to blame the mother for a situation she now has no control over - that her husband is not meeting his responsibilities, both in the eyes of god and the state.

Disfellowshipping is a very personal discussion, and if the person choses to discuss it, they should; however, asking someone in the middle of a discussion about their divorce,"if you don't mind my asking, why were you disfellowshipped," ranks right up there with, "Why did you divorce?" It's just not something appropriate to ask, regardless of whether or not you asked if one "minds." It is a very painful, personal topic, not to be tread upon in that manner. Just so you know, jw, okay?

No offense intended, to you or anyone. Thanks for your interest in helping out here. Additionally, that question about df'ing is completely irrelevent to the topic at hand, which is that someone else is behaving badly by not supporting his own children, by harassing the ex-wife, and by being a hypocrite (in associating with the disfellowshipped), right?

It also appears to me that he and/or the JWs are messing with the kids' head, based on Lehaa's latest response, so I feel certain it is inappropriate to ask why she was DFed (or divorced), especially since she has custody now, something that would not be very likely if she was more abusive or neglectful than the father in question.

• Phil
    Phil

Madame Quixote

Sounds like you are the jerk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit