COULD YOU KILL SOMEONE?

by Mary 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

There would have to be extreme circumstances. I hate to kill anything - even spiders I find in the bathtub - I try to put them outside if at all possible.

Also - what would I do with the body?

Double Edge - a humane way to get rid of the fish is to put them in the freezer in a tub of water. They will fall asleep with the cold and then die. It's the most humane way I know of for fish.

BB

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There are many reasons why people may kill each other, like war, self defence, defence of loved ones, honour, rage, money, accident, stress, mental illness, religion, ideology, etc. A person who might kill for one reason might never consider killing for a different one. But I think that, under certain circumstances which vary from person to person, anyone is capable of killing.

W

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Double Edge - a humane way to get rid of the fish is to put them in the freezer in a tub of water. They will fall asleep with the cold and then die. It's the most humane way I know of for fish.

ok..... thanks (I think)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And this is coming from someone who has been trying for two weeks to figure out how to get rid of two stupid goldfish that are no longer wanted. (can't do the toilet thing....too cruel)

Give 'em to me. I'll feed 'em to my turtles.

W

• juni
    juni

I wouldn't be looking to kill someone, but I would do what I had to to stop the evil person.

If they died, I would feel that it was justified. Our country's laws favor the criminal. Have to have a record in order to plea bargain. What justice is in that??

Also, it depends what was happening. Only if someone's life was in danger would I take this sort of action, otherwise if it was over some material thing I'd not resort to it.

Juni

• prophecor
    prophecor

Once that you've decided on a killing
    First you make a stone of your heart
    And if you find that your hands are still willing
    Then you can turn a murder into art
    There really isn't any need for bloodshed
    You just do it with a little more finesse
    If you can slip a tablet into someone's coffee
    Then it avoids an awful lot of mess

It's murder by numbers, one, two, three
    It's as easy to learn as your ABC
    Murder by numbers, one, two, three

Now if you have a taste for this experience
    And you're flushed with your very first success
    Then you must try a twosome or a threesome
    And you'll find your conscience bothers you much less
    Because murder is like anything you take to
    It's a habit-forming need for more and more
    You can bump off every member of your family
    And anybody else you find a bore

Because it's murder by numbers, one, two, three

Now you can join the ranks of the illustrious
    In history's great dark hall of fame
    All our greatest killers were industrious
    At least the ones that we all know by name
    But you can reach the top of your profession
    If you become the leader of the land
    For murder is the sport of the elected
    And you don't need to lift a finger of your hand

Because it's murder by numbers, one, two, three
    It's as easy to learn as your A, B, C, D, E

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's a tough question. I lean towards no, but if a loved one was under threat, I would defend them. If my action resulted in someone's death, I am not sure how I'd feel. I just hope I never have to find out.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

As to the act itself, if I had the distance, I say I could. For instance, if I were a sniper.

Not up close and personal, though.

But I would most likely eventually eat my own gun from the years of guilt and recriminations my mind would pile upon me

• ballistic
    ballistic

What's on your mind Mary?

• caligirl
    caligirl

In the world of make believe, yes. Evil people who do nothing more than waste oxygen and dispense misery to everyone who has the misfortune to cross thier paths would be first on my list.

In real life, not deliberately. But I would defend my family at all costs, and if that resulted in someones death, well I guess it would have to ultimately be God's decision as to whether I would be forgiven or not. I would not feel remorse for protecting my children or family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit