COULD YOU KILL SOMEONE?

by Mary 39 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yes i could, especially if they were a person who deliberately hurt a child or molested one. if you are in a situation where self defense is involved then you dont know if your capable untill its upon you. i do however think that people are to soft on some people.

while i dont condone the stupid crap the military did at the prisons, i dont have a problem with them going hard ball on someone they KNOW is somehow involved. hit them with psycological crap first and see if you can make them crack.

can i kill someone..... yes. do i want to.... hell no, and i pray that i never will have to.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yes. If it's either me, or them. I'll send flowers.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Life or death situation? Yes.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Gee, that's a question I find too unpleasant to think about.

I've never studied a bit of music in my life, and I can't tell the difference between a C# and breaking glass, but in my heart, however, I know that if the situation demanded it, I could play the piano as well as Billy Joel.

I just hope no one ever points an accordion at me, 'cause God help me...

• delilah
    delilah

if they were threatening the lives of my family, you bet I would. In a heartbeat. If it were a hostage situation, yes...-under normal conditions, just for the sake of killing, NO.

• blondie
    blondie

(I see I answered this twice, same answer)

If someone was right there with a weapon or manually trying to kill me (or other people with me) and I had the means to stop them, I certainly would do my best to stop them...if the only way was to kill them...I would have no problem.

But to hunt down someone who didn't pose an immediate threat, that is something else again.

Blondie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Duh, the question is so intrinsic to my concept of self-defense that I can scarcely assign it any merit. I think this sums it up pretty well--I'm a southerner.

Subject: Liberals, Conservatives & Southerners

Question: How do you tell the difference between liberals, conservatives, and southerners? Answer: Pose the following question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock 40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior. This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.... (sounds of reloading). BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click. Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

LMAO! Gotta love those southerners ... self defense unc, from south of the deep south (even though my daughters can't skin a rabbit). I'd also not think twice about popping off Indonesians as they come marching over the hill. Not racist, practical

• free2beme
    free2beme

I could not kill someone in cold blood. If it was life and death though, yes. If for example I was sleeping and heard someone breaking into my home and I caught them and I had a gun, I would shot to kill, no wound. Wounded people sue, dead people do not. It would be open season on that person. If someone was trying to harm my family, I would do the same. You can not mess with my family, putting them in danger, and hope to walk away.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

free2beme,

With all due respect and just speaking for me - I think cold blood is the only way I'd like to kill; clean, precise, accuate, humane the same way we euthanise injured animals. Just like grandad - nothing personal son of Tojo take this!

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

I don't think I'd have any second thoughts about knocking off an American or two. Practicality, as was said above. What's one less redneck in the world?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit