Girls help!!! What signs when a woman is interested in a guy?

by Spectrum 60 Replies latest social relationships

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

:: I was under the impression that when a girl likes a guy she makes sure he knows about it. Am I right?
    I would think so. And if she is just playing games anyway why bother? The only time I have ever been like how you described this woman, is when someone I wasn't necessarily interested in asked me out and I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Which isn't a good idea because then like your situation, the person feels confused.

• KW13
    KW13

Some girls follow you home and look through your windows. Either they're plotting on killing you or its raining and they want in.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::Some girls follow you home and look through your windows. Either they're plotting on killing you or its raining and they want in. And sometimes they are just "window peepers", you just never know :p

• KW13
    KW13

And sometimes they are just "window peepers", you just never know :p
    Are you talking from experience here?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

:: And sometimes they are just "window peepers", you just never know :p

Are you...talking from experience...

Well I would be one of the ones wanting to get in out of the rain, not much of a murderer or window peeper at this phase in my life anyway...

• luna2
    luna2

I know very little when it comes to relationships or dating so I could be way off base but, it seems to me, that if I liked a man and he asked me out, I'd go. ...unless she can't dance and was afraid she'd be embarrassed.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

DantheMan,

"Take it from a guy who has learned the hard way - if it ain't obvious, it ain't there."

I think I'll have to go with this. If she is interested and she's making it this hard then I can't be blamed for pulling back, which is what I'm going to do. I think I've enough good feedback here to make this decision. When I compare her actions to other girls I've lived with it seems obvious she not interested, so I'll assume that she isn't and move on.

Ballistic

" For example you get involved emotionally and then split up and she brings some fella home... could be awkward."

That would be really hard to take. That's why I've decided to pull back and call it a day with her.
    If she is interested or regains interest she's got to do all the work.

• gabriella
    gabriella

If your roommate was acting interested in you when you first met, I am guessing that she is definitely attracted to you. Is there anything that may have hurt her feelings or does she think that you are interested in those other girls or sleeping around (even if you're not)? When I was dating, those were the only reasons that I might have acted distant or complacent like that (if my feelings were hurt and I didn't know how to tell the guy or if he would care) or if I thought he was already interested in someone or being a player. Out of fear of getting my heart broken, I would become more complacent (a little more guarded) and let him look me up if he wanted to. It wasn't a 'game' really, I just didn't know if there was interest and didn't want to make a fool of myself if not. The ones who were only looking for sex moved on and the ones who liked me as a person ended up sometimes asking me out. You sound like a really good guy to care how she feels and how it is affecting her. If you are really interested, I would not ask her out officially right away (it may be too soon), but be a good friend until she feels really comfortable talking to you about anything and opening up. Compliments go a long way, too. Just by being so wonderful to her, by the time you feel ready to ask her out she will probably already be thinking the same thing. Just my two cents. By how she responds to your kindness and compliments, you will get a good indication of whether you should take the next step and when. Hope that helps. Good luck!!

• nomoreTRUTHplz
    nomoreTRUTHplz

I agree with gabriella if you felt she showed interest at first then got jealous when you talked about other girls could be she felt you weren't interested and in that case would be pulling back to protect herself

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Garbriela,

I think that there is something in what you are saying. Very soon after we met (a matter of days) we were talking about travel and I mentioned a lovely place I had been to with my
    ex-girlfriend, I noticed she flinched, to me though that was a ten year old story but unfortunately she wasn't to know that, and it didn't occur to me until later that to her this could have been a two week old story, still I was really surprised by her reaction at the time.

Another time she asked me where I got some particular music I was listening to and I said from a previous girl that lived in the houseshare, again she flinched, and again it took me by surprise.

Do you think that this is enough to mess it all up for me considering I'd shown her a lot of interest? Are girls this sensitive? I mean we all have a history.

I have pulled back already and if she is interested she'll have to do some work to show me.

I have complemented girls I've like in the past that weren't interested but knew i was intereted in them and all I got was eye roll. I really hate it when they do that!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit