Girls help!!! What signs when a woman is interested in a guy?

by Spectrum 60 Replies latest social relationships

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Generally I find that if a girl is interested in me she makes it quite obvious by her actions and words. I'm fine with this.
    However there are times when a I really can't tell and this is the problem I'm grappling with at the moment. The fact that I can't tell, is that a sign that she isn't likely to be interested or are things more complicated than that?

The background is we house-share and when we first got to know each other about 6 weeks ago she definitely seemed interested in me, at least I think so. Two weeks after meeting she cooled off and since then I've not got the same vibes from her although there still seems to be something there because she doesn't like me talking about other girls or converse with other girls and not talk to her. But why should she care?
    She's about 15 years younger than me. Maybe intially she didn't realise.
    I asked her if she wanted to come dancing with me one evening, she said yes, but not enthuiastically kind of, OK if you want. Needless to say I didn't take her. Today she told me that she is going away for a few days and so I asked if she is going to miss me and she said no. Should that be the kiss of death to my perception that there is still a chance?

I suppose my basic question to the girls is if you are interested in a guy will you for any reason be cryptic about it (even when he is showing interest in you) or do you always make it obvious?
    And, have you ever shown initial interest in a guy then pulled back even though the guy hadn't changed on you?
    I can't ask her straight as it would be too awkward at the moment. If the situation was different I would. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable living here.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Today she told me that she is going away for a few days and so I asked if she is going to miss me and she said no. Should that be the kiss of death to my perception that there is still a chance?"

Don't be silly. She wants you so bad it hurts!

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Okay, I'm no expert, thought I'd put in that disclaimer. She doesn't sound interested, sorry to say. And yes, I have been initially interested and pulled away, sometimes it had nothing to do with the man in question. It could be she's working out a few issues. Trust me, you don't want to be her therapist. Continue to be yourself and be open to meeting other people who make it clear that they are very interested in you. When I was single, I didn't play games and contray to popular belief, I didn't know many women who played games either. You want someone who wants you and is enthusiastic about being with you. No guessing games. There are special women out there who will make you a wonderful girlfriend/wife. Best wishes - V Sky.

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

A couple things I looked for when I was single:

!- Primping- i.e. brush her hair when you come near.

2-when sitting at a table, put your hand on the center, have your fingers slightly closed. Hopefuly to put her hand over your while taking to each other. That's a sure sign.

• ballistic
    ballistic

LOL @ this thread. Women are a mystery and there is a conspiracy to keep it that way LOL.

But seriously, I can for see problems dating someone in a flat share. For example you get involved emotionally and then split up and she brings some fella home... could be awkward. You're grown up now and you could easily fall in love with this girl. Watch out.

• Elsewhere
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A girl who is interested in you knows all your faults, and won't hesitate to point them out to you and anyone else who is willing to listen.

W

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

It's hard to say, you didn't give too much information about how well you know her or your interactions other than what you listed. Is she usually a sarcastic type that makes jokes? Could she have been teasing you when she said she wasn't going to miss you? If not, then I would say she might have just been being honest? Doesn't necessarily mean she was trying to play any "game".

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

VSky,

I think you are right? I just have to stop hoping as it skews my judgement.

Basically it is true then if a girl is interested she won't shy from showing it.

It was probably said tongue in cheek but sometimes I do think there is something wrong with her only because on a regular basis she will see me and ignore me like I wasn't there and on other days she is very chirpy with me. This is weird stuff.

Misanthropic,

I don't know for sure if she really meant no to the question of will you miss me. She's not that much of a sarcky person you get the odd remark though.

I'm not saying she is play a game but asking whether girls for their own reasons become cryptic about liking a guy.

I was under the impression that when a girl likes a guy she makes sure he knows about it. Am I right?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Take it from a guy who has learned the hard way - if it ain't obvious, it ain't there. If you're at all suspicious that your perception that she's interested in you is imagined, then it probably is.

Dan, I-used-to-think-that-the-ladies-really-dug-me-but-it-turned-out-to-be-my-mind-playing-tricks-on-me class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit