There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

by Elsewhere 109 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic
    here in Oregon we have record snowfall in the Cascade mountains

Warm temperatures are involved in snow fall just as they are in tornadoes and thunderstorms. What we are "witnessing" lol is a surge in record breaking weather world wide.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Its all the fault of those butterflys farting in the amazon !

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Its all the fault of those butterflys farting in the amazon !

A little knowledge is very dangerous! It's really moths.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Have a little pity for us Texans. The heat curdles our brains. And to think it may get even warmer here in Texas? It's enough to send us into denial (and I don't mean the river - though that's lovely thought on a hot day).

• ballistic
    ballistic

hehe - now THAT is English humour. When did the Texans start doing that?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

What we are "witnessing" lol is a surge in record breaking weather world wide.

Shhhh...you and I are the only ones that realize this!!!

Swalker (admits there are some nice things about Texas ! I even posted on the "Things you love about Texas thread"!)

• Undecided
    Undecided

I don't know about global warming, but I know here in NC it has gotten much warmer in the winter in the last 100 years. My grandpa would drive his wagon across the Dan River when it was frozen in the winter, but now it never freezes. There was more snow when I was a kid here also.

Ken P.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

You can almost see the writer smirking as you read the article.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Ahh, leave the poor guy from Texas alone. Don't you know he has to make broad sweeping statements, because everything is bigger in Texas.

As for you Aussies - we know, we know, Americans are putting a hole in the ozone with the use of our dryers. However, I refuse to use crusty towels and I will use my dryer - thank you. Repeat after me Dryers are our friends and this is not a third world country.

And as for the Brits. Sorry guys, I have discovered after visiting your fine establishment that Brits generally attacked all things because they enjoy taking the piss out of people. So I will assume that any argument that is had by a Brit is due to the fact that he is British and that is it.

If you get South Park you should watch the one on Global Warming and also the Smug Alert. Pretty good ones. As for global warming do I think it exists, well I do believe there was an ice age, so it is possible global warming is happening. Is it because Americans are using their dryers hmmm, I have not found concerte proof on this. But in my defense, I don't own a car as I walk to and from work and I talk public transport the rest of the time. So if I want to use my dryer I CAN GOOD AND WELL USE IT.

P.S. - BBC World News is great. World news in the states is all about the states, I have never figured that one out and have often said to others "but they do realize we are not the world, right?"

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

We've been much hotter than we are today. We will get hotter still. The next decade will likely feature many more news articles saying "The Hottest Tuesday on Record".

Humans or no Humans, Earth will warm.

Earth Temps Over Last 18,000 Years

Compiled by R.S. Bradley and J.A. Eddy based on J.T. Houghton et al., Climate Change: The IPCC Assessment, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1990 and published in EarthQuest, vo. 1, 1991. Courtesy of Thomas Crowley, Remembrance of Things Past: Greenhouse Lessons from the Geologic Record

1. The idea that man-made pollution is responsible for global warming is not supported by historical fact. The period known as the Holocene Maximum is a good example-- so-named because it was the hottest period in human history. The interesting thing is this period occurred approximately 7500 to 4000 years B.P. (before present)-- long before human's invented industrial pollution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit