What Would Jesus Do?

by RevFrank 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Meagan:

what is Jesus judging? What is it about the Pharisees that angered him and caused him to judge?

Hi there: From..Rev. 16:14..Seems like the 1st battle of Jesus is the Governments at the great war of the Lamb against the governments.. then the ones who have the 'mark of the wild beast (governments)', will be judged..then the ones who don't do good to the brother's of Christ..Math. 25:31... and also the ones who aren't 'sighing and groaning over the detestable things.' That's my take, anyhoo..

The Pharisees, were blocking the people from getting to the kingdom..with their commandments of men rather that God. Like the JW's forbidding 99.9% of the people from partaking of the emblems...and stopping them from showing love to people by disfellowshipping and disassociating people and calling good people "worldly". etc..

They will PAY!

• upside/down
    upside/down

JT... when I first found this forum... I couldn't have disagreed with you more... my paradigm shift had not yet happened. All my WTS "filters" were still there even though I hated the WTS and it's adherents for their awful treatment of me and my family...

I now "see" where you are coming from...and agree.

Keep up the good work of keeping it real.

Yes... if there was a Jesus... and he could see all that is done in "his name" today... he'd sh*t himself. I'd also love to see the actual meeting of any so-called Jesus and his "disciples" of today... I think the "disciples" would be shocked at the conversation their Master would have with them...

Isn't it funny how all of our man-made "gods"...are just like "men"...and usually the worst of us at that?

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down
    The Pharisees, were blocking the people from getting to the kingdom..with their commandments of men rather that God.

Side point...How is this possible?

How can anyone prohibit ANYONE else from getting into "gods kingdom"...? How could an Almighty "god" have such a flawed system, where one creature can effect another creatures "salvation"?...Preposterous!

u/d

• greendawn
    greendawn

His message was generally one of suppressing the self seeking, infantile powers of the instincts in favour of a more broadminded, spiritual mentality and in that context one was not to rush to making judgements against his fellow human though ultimately a very persistent offender was damnable before God.

The message was don't live for the pleasure of the moment, for the ephemeral but for the long term objectives of the spirit and the kingdom.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    The message was don't live for the pleasure of the moment, for the ephemeral but for the long term objectives of the spirit and the kingdom.

What is more real and actual than the present moment of life and existence, right here, right now? How deep does this moment go? Why reduce and separate what is ultimately significant ("God"), to some abstract idea we call "the spirit and the kingdom"? Why continually diminish and minimise the divine to some thing or place other than the life in and around us right now? Why limit God to time and space?

I suggest that if we are actually open and meet with the truth and reality of life -- rather than wandering lost in the stories and beliefs of the mind -- there would be no need to make God into something so tiny and circumscribed as to not be present.

j

• bem
    bem

I very seldom post on these types of threads because I notice there are as many arguments and opinions as there are posters, Then to say I agree with something said makes it sound like I am taking sides and therefore we aren't all entitled to our own opinion, but this time I noticed some thing I hadn't read before in these pages Trevor said: Good analogy I'm always looking for something to reply to various persons about this subject.

Others reject the entire Biblical portrayal of him and invent a Jesus that fits in comfortable with their own experience of life.

Jesus is to religion what plastic is to the modern world. You can do anything with him, mould him to any shape or color that suits your need -hard or soft, sharp or smooth.

Wish fulfilment has many forms and labels - but why call the product Jesus?

I was going to ask What Proof do we have? We have men's writings, and how do we know (skip the faith thing as an argument thats as vague as you can get) the translations are any more factual than what we can read on any discussion board? So this subject makes me agree with others who have written here where's your proof?

Not meaning to be disrespectful to anyone, but the phrase "what would jesus do" seems much like a sales aid or a marketing tool, is that what religion has become a market to attract the masses they need to appeal to them by some sales tactic?

• ballistic
  • Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Oh you're going down to the big bad flames of hell for putting that pic in a biblenut thread ballsey

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Oh you're going down to the big bad flames of hell for putting that pic in a biblenut thread ballsey

I bet Jesus had a good sense of humour!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Drink more wine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit