What Would Jesus Do?

by RevFrank 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Interesting topic...I've been thinking about any topic, then I ran into this one..Why? Just think....Jesus didn't come into this world to judge, but to love and serve. So anything after that..it's up to you....

PEACE

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Yes, if Jesus did indeed exist, then it seems his message was one of love and of an unconditional brotherhood and unity that we often miss.

However, Christians have generally turned Jesus into a crowbar, a tool of division and disunity which splits the world into those who accept my deity and will be rewarded, and those who do not accept my deity and so will pay some form of dreadful price. This, is not love, but rather devious manipulation.

j

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I never see that in Scripture or Christianity. That to not accept the Divine nature of Christ brings punishment. What I see in Scripture is to accept and recieve Jesus as your Lord, God, Kurios, that it brings an abundance of joy and peace. The closer one gets to Jesus, the more one experiences grace and mercy.

John 16:24 Until now, you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be made full.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    However, Christians have generally turned Jesus into a crowbar

I dont consider all religions "Christians" just because they claim to be. The WTBTS never taught what Jesus did. In fact when I was a kid we were not even to consider ourselves Christians. We never used the word.

There are few Christian religions that deny the divine nature of Christ. We have JWs, Mormons, and a variety of small cults. All other mainstream churches believe in the Deity of Christ. Calvary Chapel has NEVER "used" it or pushed it down anyones throat. If you believe, come worship with us. If you don't, don't. Even if you didn't believe you would still be welcome. But if you tried to proseletize, they would talk to you about it. All churches have a Doctrinal Statement.

www.calvarychapel.com

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Jesus Christ's death is of key importance to Christianity. Jesus as the Son of God came to earth and died a painful brutal death for mankind to take the Sin of every human being upon himself.

blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Ancient historical records prove Jesus exists.

Those Writers, philosophers and historians who lived during or not long after the time Jesus is believed to have lived testify that he was a real person.

eg Thallus and Phlegon were ancient historians. They both confirmed the truth that the land went dark when Jesus was crucified. This matches what the Bible said happened when Jesus died.

blessedstar

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

The book of Isaiah, which was begun about 750 years before Jesus’ death, declared that the Messiah, whom Jesus claimed to be, would be spat on and whipped (Isaiah 1:6, 50:6). This was fulfilled by the torture and whipping inflicted on Jesus prior to his crucifixion as recorded in Matthew 27:67, 27:26 and Mark 14:65.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    Jesus didn't come into this world to judge, but to love and serve.

Dear Rev.....This statement, I believe is a little off...What was Jesus doing with the Scribes and Pharisees in Math.23? Only a small part of this chapter: The whole chapter is filled with denunciations..

Math. 23:33 NAV You serpents, you brood of vipers, how can you flee from the judgement of Gehenna?

But, I think that his main reason for his coming was not judging..So about that, you are right..as this scripture shows...

John 8:15 NAV You judge by appearances, but I do not judge anyone. And even if I should judge, my judgement is valid, because I am not alone, but it is I and the Father who sent me.

On his second coming..He will focus in on judging..as Rev. 19:11

He judges and wages war in righteousness. His eyes were like a fiery flame....Out of his mouth came a sharp sword to strike the nations. ..

So the big judgement is soon to come.. Good day, to you , Rev..

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I like the way John describes who what where and why Jesus is Jesus.

John 1:2-5 The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him. Without him was not anything made that has been made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn't overcome it.

Jesus is the Light of everything He created.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hello Starry,

hm, question:

what is Jesus judging? What is it about the Pharisees that angered him and caused him to judge?

meagie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit