Should I sitll offer my JW clients a 50% discount

by jwfacts 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• greendawn
    greendawn

Dealing with JWs when D'Fed is a dodgy issue as deep down they feel guilty for dealing with the D'Fed a mentality programed in by the GB so as to prevent them from hearing and seeing the other side of the story. Remember no GB member can win in an honest encounter with a well informed "apostate" so they evade diligently all such challenges. That's why we have never seen one.

But you must do as is economically sound for your business if you can keep them with that discount then do so.

• bubble
    bubble

I had an incident recently. I work on a cosmetics counter in a department store and a few weeks ago the CO's wife came in. I approached her and asked if she needed any help. At first she didn't get eye contact and started telling me what she needed. (How she can afford luxury cosmetics on a CO's allowance I'm still trying to work out!)

Anyway I think she recognised my voice and turned to face me. She went pale and stammered 'oo I know you don't I? oo I can't really talk to you.' To which I replied ' I'm allowed to serve you in a business capacity even if I am disfellowshipped'. She said she'd rather not, so I offered to get another consultant to serve her. She declined and left the store.

It left me feeling like shit. She was such a nice person and was exactly my age too, but the magic word disfellowshipped had turned her into a dismissive person who looked down on me because I chose to free myself from the same beliefs as her!

Now I would never serve a dub if they came into my store. They can all look ugly for all I care!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'dayy bubble,

I recently posted some of my dub experiences - some here actually doubted it!!!!- I think when they're 'called out' on their actions, they're deeply embarrassed (as they should be.)

Anyway, to your experience, I would think they're coming close to violating the Equal Opportunities Act and all that it entails. Downunder, you can be in serious trouble if you give preference to certain groups in the community.

• bubble
    bubble

All that legal stuff is all very well Ozzie, but what happened to being a decent human being and actually displaying some Christian qualities!

They have all lost sight of what it's all about. What about putting in to practice the golden rule eh???

Anyhoot it's their loss not mine. Definitely NOT going to the memorial this year.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome to the forum Bubble. Being shunned makes a person feel so bad, but it is so liberating. It really shows the madness of the religion in all its glory. It's good to hear you are free and in love.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    (How she can afford luxury cosmetics on a CO's allowance I'm still trying to work out!)

Anyway I think she recognised my voice and turned to face me. She went pale and stammered 'oo I know you don't I?

Going off thread a bit this surprised me, I wouldn't have thought that co's or their wives would remember any of the small fry of the many congregations they go to unless you've done something to draw attention to yourself in their presence.

I always thought that the CO's just passed through and never paid anyone any attention unless they were Elders or supplying them with a meal.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I always felt sorry for a brother who was an auto mechanic. His 'brothers' were constantly chisling repair work. He did the work at his home on eves and weekends and would only charge for parts and sometimes they questioned that! They also seemed to assume that if he repaired something on their old beater that it was guaranteed indefinitely. I would see him getting cornered after the meeting by some cheapskate describing the funny noise his car was making. Sure enough, brother cheapo would bring his car over the next day, and I never heard of anyone offering him a dime for his trouble.

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

One thing that we must remember is that now your close relationship with them has been severed, by you being DF. Seeing now that they will look to you as a "man of the nations", it will be best if you act accordingly. If you are worried about loosing custermers- dont! All firms worry about such things. Now it will not be fair if you give a 50% discount because of their religious backgroud and to your other custermers the full cost of your services- when all custermers should be treated the same. You could drop your costs 25% to your other custermers, and raise 25% to JWs. If you drop some of the prices, those custermers could refer you to their friends. You can show the JWs Acts 10:34, where it states that "God is not partial"- meaning that even God treats everyone the same if they question your choice of raising their fees. Only a suggestion!

• ballistic
    ballistic

You admit that you may loose some of the dub clients as it is. If you remove \ reduce the discount you risk loosing a greater percentage. A purely economoical answer would be to leave the some what generous discount until you have assesed the full impact of the loss of clients to your business and once you have this data work out how long it will take you to replace the rest with normal clients paying the going rate at your current rate of new business growth.

• rebel8
    rebel8

If you went to one of them to conduct a transaction at their place of business, would they even provide you service, let alone give a discount? I doubt it. In their eyes you are the worst of the worst--an ex-JW + apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit