New boy here.

by LtCmd.Lore 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Woofer
    Woofer

Welcome!

Looking forward to your posts!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"If the reason we suffer is to prove that humans are not better off without god, than the only way to prove otherwise is to leave humans alone. But instead of just letting us go he cuts our lifetime down to 70 years, he cursed the animals to be carnivorous, he confused our language, and cut back 1000 years of progress by making us start all over after the flood. How is satan supposed to be proved wrong if the human race suffers from godly sabotage every millennium?"

- Very smart reasoning, Lore. You'll find like-minded people on JWD, full of big bad evil apostates! If you need encouragement, just look into people's post history and see the progress they made from the day they came here. There are a lot of stages to this, but you're young and have your whole life ahead of you. Thankfully, you haven't wasted much of it.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Cmdr.

I wish I had thought like you when I was 16. I could have saved myself from so much pain.

Make a plan and stick with it. Study the reasons why you don't want to be a witness and know them well.

Do you have a plan for college?

Good luck.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Wow, there's a lot of helpfull people here... anyway, I intend to get a summer job after I get out of school this year. Probably at Radio Shack, or something. It will be difficult for me to go to college if I want to. Because my parents sure as heck won't pay for it.

I have been homeschooled all my life, and I'm currently on cyber school in 11th grade. That's right the only kids I know my age are other witnesses, all three of them... I apologize for not emailing anybody but I share a computer and obviously don't want my parents finding emails from any of you. However feel free to PM me. But understand that I can't be to regular on this site with my parents over my shoulder.

I don't know what I 'm going to do as far as another religion, if anything. But that realy doesn't matter right now. I'm going to get out of the wrong one first and then I might worry about what's right. I saw an illustration on this site about a month ago about a burning theatre. I'm definately going to use that one if the issue comes up.

I see a future for myself in technology. Since I'm on a cyber school and have no social life, it's the perfect recipe for a computer wiz. My name LtCmd.Lore is from star trek, It would have been LtCmd.Data but that seemed to obvious and was probably taken somewhere, so I went with his twin brother... Looking back it might have something to do with my double life complex I've got going on.

I hold no grudge against the local brothers or elders. I think they honestly believe what they say, and they try to be good friends. But they're still wrong.

You guys give good advice. I will keep my knowledge and intentions a secret untill I move out. To do otherwise would just complicate my life. I will get a job ASAP, otherwise I'll waste even more of my life. I will do a lot of research, that way I can give an intelligent argument , instead of sounding like a rebellious, emotional teenager.

Talk to you later.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I see a future for myself in technology. Since I'm on a cyber school and have no social life, it's the perfect recipe for a computer wiz. My name LtCmd.Lore is from star trek, It would have been LtCmd.Data but that seemed to obvious and was probably taken somewhere, so I went with his twin brother... Looking back it might have something to do with my double life complex I've got going on.

Hi there, young man! From that statement above, I'm sure that you will understand why many here refer to the organization as "The Borg".

You are very astute for your age.

• Jez
    Jez

It is very sobering to see a 16 year old not only understand, but accept some basic fallacies within the teachings of the bible and the organization that took many of us well into our 30s and beyond to grasp. Congratulations and welcome.

Jez

• delilah
    delilah

WELCOME, LtCmd.Lore....I'm speechless....you are very wise for your young age.I wish you well, in your search for a summer job, and your future. I look forward to reading more of your posts here.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Welcome Lore. Star Trek fan?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

LtCmd.Lore,

engage.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit