New boy here.

by LtCmd.Lore 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Welcome to the board LtCmd.Lore

It's good to see you've realised the truth about the org at 16 and have the sense to leave at a opportune moment. I wish I'd have had the guts at your age when I had doubts. I had the same feelings that their idea of paradise wasn't mine at all. To destroy 5000 years of science, art, literature, technology to regress to living like paleolithic man in little wooden houses gathering nuts and berries in the woods seems ridiculous.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

You are a guy who can think for himself....You will fit in just fine here and learn alot!...LOL

Who will make Pepsi...LMAO...good one!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to JWD LtCmd.Lore!

Awe me thinks ya think far too much and for such a youngin', good for you! I do see your demise at the hands of the WTS in your near future....yay! You've got a lot of life to live free from this cult good for you, if only I had known what you've discovered at such a young age, if only.....sigh.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Hi! Wow, for a 16 year old, you seem to have a good grip on whats going on! You will meet plenty of "friends" here to talk to when the day comes for you to leave. I know I did!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi LtCmd.Lore. Welcome to the board. I like animals and gardening, but I still thought their view of "paradise" was dull. Very interesting first post.

Cellist

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

There's some great advice given to you here. All I can add is to plan your exit carefully and be guarded about the TRUTH you know about the truth(tm). More than a few thinking people your age have had their internet access curtailed when it's been found that they were conversing with rabid devil worshipping uh-poz-tates!! Good Luck.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Welcome to the board Lore.

I joined this group when I was almost exactly your age. I'm a year older than you, and in the year between us, I decided I didn't just want to walk out of the watchtower. I wanted to talk through the ashes of the Watchtower.

If you're going to do this, and do this well, you will need committment.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Take advantage of it. You are stronger and better than them.

Start your dissent off right by printing one of SEVERUS' apostachecks. Drop it in the box at the memorial.

My email is richardiveyth ethird@ yahoo.com . Contact me.

Look forward to speaking with you.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Welcome! Hey, guy, start making your plans to leave well in advance, I mean like a couple years out. That way, you can have an idea where to live and have some cash socked away. Are you planning to go to college? Where will you stay and work while you go?

Best of luck, just make good, careful plans, and it'll work out fine.

• Clam
    Clam

Hi there LtCmd.Lore

Welcome. Glad to see you're looking at the logic of what you've been taught to believe. "Godly sabotage" - I like that!

I'm sure you'll become a very valued member of the board.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi and welcome.
    Very well reasoned. I liked this"Second: If the reason we suffer is to prove that humans are not better off without god, than the only way to prove otherwise is to leave humans alone. But instead of just letting us go he cuts our lifetime down to 70 years, he cursed the animals to be carnivorous, he confused our language, and cut back 1000 years of progress by making us start all over after the flood." I have never looked at it that way before.
    You are right to take your time. After a long while you will be more clear about the best way to approach your family and the things to say and not say. At first is all too emotional. You need to spend your time working out why your family want to be JWs and what their faith is based upon, so that you discuss the right things with them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit