New boy here.

by LtCmd.Lore 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Ltcmd Lore, welcome to the forum!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome and good luck with your plans to fade, you are a smart kid. You will find that you can make a lot of good friends in this world who are not JW's and will not judge your every thought and deed in life. This place is a great place to connect with people who understand what you are going through. It takes time to get over the shock that the JW religion is a cult and absolutely does not have the 'Truth'. Good luck to you and hope to see more of you here.

• Calliope
    Calliope

LtCmd.Lore - WOW!!!
    i don't recall ever coming across such an intelligent 16 year old.
    all your arguments? well said.

WELCOME!!

calliopé

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to the forum LtCmdr.Lore (startrek?) - great first post -stick around you will learn more - I love your critical mind and logic

• inquirer
    inquirer

Well, I'd like to say about this "agricultural society" the WTS paints the picture of... they are not really sure what OTHER THINGS we would do. In defense of the WTS, I think they know they don't have a clue... no one really does! (correct me if I am wrong on this.) The account of Adam and Eve didn't seem to have a problem of a proto-Argicultural/jungle/forest society that they grew up in until Adam and Eve got selfish about it all. We can't assume that it would have stayed like that anyway...

I think the criticism of the WTS is a bit unfair at times, and "apostates" lose credibility for their arguments against the Org. Particularly with relatively unimportant issues likes this. If you believe, who cares if it's heaven or paradise earth! I think in mainstream Christianity all I ever recall is these weird "angel looking people" with halos above their heads with harps sing "hallelujah" all day, whilst using a cloud as some sort of seat, which I think is unscientific too. lol (But of course I won't get the praise as you did, LtCmd.Lore. :(

I am sure LtCmd, you'd get sick of Pepsi and would find something better than that! I am sure God would know a whole lot more of us and knows how to make his "children" happy. If Jesus hands over his soverignty to Jehovah, there's an example of a change already! I think there will be a lot more to this "agricultural society," like things would have been drastically different if the first 2 humans obeyed God.

It's good that you are using your brain and realize the falsehood of the WTS, that's great. But you'll come across the same problem if you join another religion. Whether paradise or heaven, they all teach about an afterlife. But to me it seems like you want to become non-relgious or at the very least; agnostic. I am not judging you but there's 2 sides to a coin and everyone else is telling the other side. Goodluck in whatever you do and becoming independent! :) Glad that you are using your common sense, because the WTS uses "rare sense" too much. :)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome to the board!! You will learn many things here!

L.L.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi bro. You're still with your JW parents? It's not going to be easy, but when you can make your own life, you'll have the freedom to make your own rules. In the meantime, work on ways to start that rolling. JG suggested a job and a bank account, and if you want out in a hurry, you're going to need money! But if you have talents you want to explore with further study, think now about how you're going to make that happen, especially if your parents aren't in favour of higher education.

All the best to you, being a teenager is hard work, and we're all hoping you'll be able to keep it together.

• jambon1
    jambon1

As others have said, you can think for yourself. This is a good thing. The WTS tries to convince us that we willl only come to harm for 'independant thinking'. In reality, many, many people have made a lovely life for themselves outside the org. They have not suffered in any way & do not hold the WT guilt shackles which cause so much unhappiness to the human mind.

It is`nt easy leaving though but be determined - it is the best decision ever. We are ALWAYS here for you - keep posting.

J

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME TO THE BOARD. I never thought of the Godly sabotage before. You make a good point.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

I think Richie will share with you his wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit