Anyone heard of this JW counselor Online? Interesting...

by Dogpatch 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

This guy is so obviously demon possesed. Hes probably got a plastic smurf up his butt.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    a former Jehovah’s Witness himself

.. he won't be getting many JW gigs.

• blondie
    blondie

Lady Lee, your links work for me.

It is always good to examine carefully the credentials of any counselor you choose to use. So many times when I was a JW, the only criteria a witness would give me was, "they're a brother or a sister." Not enough for me folks. Thanks rebel8 and Lady Lee for showing us how we might start that examination.

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Christian counselling for exiting JW's, excuse me, is like recommending marriage as a cure for a rape victim.

Yes, marriage can be wonderful. And being part of a vital Christian community can be wonderful.

But recovery should be separate from any religion.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

misspeaches. Don't understand what the problem is. They both worked for me.

rebel8

Thanks for that info. In Montreal where I did most of my work we have similar type of system. Anyone can legally set up an office and provide counseling. But legally they cannot claim to have accreditation when they do not have it. People cannot say they are something they are not.

The two programs that I took are both counseling programs TheThe college program was focused on individual counseling skills and the university program was focused more on group work. Although they both used the same text books and both had similar programs to Social Work and we were directed to follow the Code of Ethics for Social Workers, we are not qualified to call ourselves Social Workers. They have been busy fighting over this for years. I cannot say I belong to some licensed body.Both programs come from schools that do provide licensure for many bodies that require a licence. Both are legitimate post secondary schools.

This fellow pretty much does what the WTS says. "We are/I am above the law."

Buyer Beware

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Tigerman, I think that what you perceive as negativity from some on the board is just an overprotective reflex they've developed from getting royally screwed, to put it inelegantly, by the WBTS. I'm not sure what your personal experience with the WTS was, but, for many, it was excruciatingly painful and in some cases even life threatening. They want to try to save others from the same experiences. Terri

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Theres always someone whos willing to make a quick buck out of someones misery or suffering....worse than bloody lawyers!

DB74

• minimus
    minimus

I don't give a "Whitt" about him. But he is as much a "minister" as any Jehovah's Witness is an "ordained minister". I think more than a few of us could counsel JWs with problems and actually help them. we're certainly more "qualified" than most Witnesses----esp. elders and "shepherds"!

• sf
    sf
    I can tell you there is a lot more being done than most people are aware of.

Absolutely on target. Get 'em when they least expect it.

Unc, you can counsel me anytime.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit