Anyone heard of this JW counselor Online? Interesting...

by Dogpatch 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I wonder if people like this prey upon people this way because they either didn't get the power they craved in the org or didn't get enough of it. I reckon he's either a wannabe Elder that didn't make the grade or an Elder that got DF'D

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Legitimate internet counselors have a lot of info on their websites regarding ethics, confidentiality, and how the service works. This fellow has none of this.

After looking at the web page I am still really concerned about the kind of service this person is setting up.

• sf
    sf

Randy,

It appears you have a couple of these New Life Ministers, besides Derrick, in your logs. Have a peek:

Results from supportgroupsform.htm

location: Buffalo, NY phone: 716/465-4476 email: dlwhitt@hotmail.com URL: http://nlbf.tripod.com/newlifeminitriesonline ...
    www.randytv.com/supportgroupslist.htm - 71k - Cached - Similar pages

sKally

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

As noted, he is to be found about the web.

His Doctorate is from

http://www.ficotw.org/school.html

"St. Luke Evangelical School Of Biblical Studies is the educational outreach ministry of The First International Church Of The Web and is not an accredited school..."

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I think many of you are so hard - hearted from your experiences as JW's that you not only are truly insensitive to ANYONE that may honestly want to help people but you also resort to name calling.

Is it because YOU haven't put into action anything that is counter JW's or may help some of them out of the cult? Sometimes the negativity on this board is a real bummer.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Tigerman,

Most people here are just careful about who they put their trust in. There is nothing wrong with doing background research on a person, business or service to ensure

our own safety. This is why organizations such as the Better Business Bureau, and other non-profit and profit agencies exist, so that we can all protect ourselves.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

High . . .,

Yes, I understand that, however, why do people jump all over someone that may have the best of intentions. There seems to me to be a mindset on this board ( by some X- JWs ) that everything OUT THERE is based on power or money. This is not the case . . .there are a greater percentage of people in the world who would like to " do good" as opposed to the other. Yeah, there're all kind of scammers in the world. but please don't think that most people are like that . . .it's the mindset of the Society that instills the thinking that most people are bad . . .that way THEY can come in and make everything better. If this guy is proven to be a huckster then I'll be the first to cut off his cajones ( figuratively speaking, of course ).

• Highlander
    Highlander

.there are a greater percentage of people in the world who would like to " do good" as opposed to the other. Yeah, there're all kind of scammers in the world. but please don't think that most people are like that . . .it's the mindset of the Society that instills the thinking that most people are bad . . .that way THEY can come in and make everything better.

I see the point you're trying to make. You're correct, the society and the j-dub culture stress the bad in everything and none of the good. When I'm around my J-Dub family

I find it necessary to point out the good in people and the world when they are talking 'smack' and stating how 'horrible' everything is.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I feel bad for your family in that they have this outlook on life. It sounds to me as if you do not . . .and I know it must be hard on you. Hang in there.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tigerman

I think many of you are so hard - hearted from your experiences as JW's that you not only are truly insensitive to ANYONE that may honestly want to help people but you also resort to name calling.

The rule of authenticity is generally "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "Buyer Beware!"

Is it because YOU haven't put into action anything that is counter JW's or may help some of them out of the cult? Sometimes the negativity on this board is a real bummer.

Please don't generalize. You have no idea what people have done. I can tell you there is a lot more being done than most people are aware of.

why do people jump all over someone that may have the best of intentions. There seems to me to be a mindset on this board ( by some X- JWs ) that everything OUT THERE is based on power or money.

People need to be informed when they "buy" a service. They need to be able to check the credentials of the person they might want to work with in a therapeutic relationship. We are talking here about people who have already been victimized and come out trying to build new lives. Anyone who misrepresents his qualifications is someone to stay far away from. He may be saying the service is free but I have to wonder what he is really expecting. Sort ofd like that "free" home Bible study that got people here to begin with.

This is not the case . . .there are a greater percentage of people in the world who would like to " do good" as opposed to the other.

True there are many good people out there. But they don't disguise therapy as a new found religion.

Yeah, there're all kind of scammers in the world. but please don't think that most people are like that . . .it's the mindset of the Society that instills the thinking that most people are bad . . .that way THEY can come in and make everything better.

Well seems to me this guy is running the same scan. Come get free counseling and join my church.

If this guy is proven to be a huckster then I'll be the first to cut off his cajones ( figuratively speaking, of course ).

Well from the research above we see his credentials are not as wonderful as they seem.

As recovering ex-JWs we have every right to investigate people who are offering some kind of service.

BTW I am a counselor. I can spot the pretenders pretty quickly. Free services are worth exactly what you pay for - nothing. Disguising his ministry as some kind of therapy is unethical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit