Anyone heard of this JW counselor Online? Interesting...

by Dogpatch 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Counselor Makes The Principal Thing Available Online
    Pastoral counselor and teacher Derrick Whitt announces an online counseling center and bookstore
    Syracuse, NY, March 29, 2006 --(PR.COM)-- In keeping true to making Wisdom the Principal Thing in his life and sharing it to Christians who are struggling with emotional, relational and spiritual issues, New Life Ministries for Jehovah’s Witnesses, an online counseling ministry created by Derrick Whitt, announces the opening of an online counseling center and bookstore, featuring publications writing by the Syracuse-based pastoral counselor and Bible teacher.

There is a real need to reach out to those in the sect.

“Jehovah’s Witness elders in the congregations do not provide empathetic counseling to those facing depression, stress, bitterness and anger from years of abuse, learning problems or family issues because they are not qualified to do so and, when they do approach them to discuss the problem(s), the counselees come away with pet answers like “Trust Jehovah, study and prayer more” or become subjected to being disfellowshipped (or excommunication from the religion). That’s totally unacceptable to me,” Derrick said.

Dr. Derrick Whitt, a former Jehovah’s Witness himself, provides crisis prevention and counseling through service/technological integration, making it possible for clients to access counseling services from remote areas. Witnesses can receive counseling (online or via snail mail) for just a $20 donation. All donations go 100 percent to New Life Ministries.

Dr. Whitt has authored these books, published by Lulu, Inc.: What Do You Have To Do With Jehovah? : Christ-based Advice for Jehovah’s Witnesses, Pathway to Armageddon: A Benjamin Long Mystery, The Day of Jehovah Is Near…Are You Ready For It? & Wisdom: The Principal Thing.

There is an alternative for Witnesses seeking counseling to overcome emotional, relational and spiritual struggling; they just need to seek New Life.

The Web address is http://newlifeministries.cjb.net

ABOUT DR. DERRICK WHITT
    Derrick Whitt, D.Min., is a certified pastoral counselor and founder of New Life Ministries for Jehovah’s Witnesses. He is a member of the National Association of Certified Christ-based Counselors and World Counseling Network.

The ministry will be relocating to Cleveland, OH in June 2006.

###

MEDIA CONTACT New Life Ministries: [email protected]

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Hmmm....

a one time donation x any JW in need of counseling =

$20 x 6,000,000 =

$120,000,000

I think we have a potential multi-millionaire here who studied at the Crooklyn School of Big Money.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

First I heard of it was here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/110640/2.ashx just a little bit ago.

I'm curious too...

~Merry

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

all I got was an agravating bunch of pop ups with a hoky page underneath.

• sf
    sf

http://netministries.org/see/churches.exe/ch22832

Welcome to Jehovah's Word Fellowship

Location will be announced soon
    Syracuse, NY 13204
    USA
    315-317-0130

Who We Are

Jehovah’s Word Fellowship is a Bible study program, with an emphasis on informal atmosphere, a balancing of personal sharing, and inductive study.

It is in this type of gathering all lovers of God and His Word can grow deeper in their relationships with Jehovah and other believers in a non-controlling, Spirit-led manner.

I know, for I had my life changed as a result of me going to a Bible study group; and I have witnessed new believers grow in their relationship with Jehovah, old believers excited about learning and applying more of His Principles in their lives and even backsliding Christians returning to Jehovah.

See for yourself that Jehovah is good by studying the Bible with us.

Jehovah’s Word Fellowship is not endorsed or associated with any religious affiliation or organization, and we are not intending to do so at anytime.

Our Invitation to You...

If you have a need to have relationships with other believers, and for help in deepening your relationship with Jesus Christ, then we cordially invite you and your family to enjoy studying the Bible with us.

No matter where you are in your walk with Jehovah God, Jehovah's Word Fellowship would like to assist you to progress in knowledge and love for Jehovah and others.

Join us. You will never be the same.

You are more than welcome to even visit us at our official Jehovah's Word Fellowship Online at nlbf.tripod.com

Jehovah's Word Fellowship is associated with: Bible Church
    for additional information, see the denomination links.

newlife_bibleministries@yahoo.com newlifeministries.cjb.net

Beth Santello: [email protected]

http://profiles.yahoo.com/bethproverbs31 [ photo included...I've seen her around cyberspace ]

Here's a photo of D. Whitt, yet you can only view it by clicking on google images...it will not enlarge the picture:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-35,GGLG:en&q=derrick%20whitt&sa=N&tab=wi

Here he is in Google USERGROUPS, "discussing":

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-35,GGLG:en&q=derrick%20whitt&sa=N&tab=ig

TOO FUNNY!!!:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/pastorwhitt/

LOLOLOLOLOL!!

sKally

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Oh just another bible nut looking to recruit the lost and vulnerable of dubdom

• anewme
    anewme

One ripoff for another

• Honesty
    Honesty

For if I preach the gospel, I have no reason to boast, because an obligation is placed on me. And woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if unwillingly, I am entrusted with a stewardship. What then is my reward? To preach the gospel and offer it free of charge, and not make full use of my authority in the gospel.

One ripoff on life's journey is enough for anyone.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What really scares me about this is that this person seems to be combining therapy and religion. If someone wants to help ex-JWs they certainly shouldn't be promotong some type of new faith. Combining some kind of ministry with some kind of therapy just sounds to me like yet one more way to control people and do it in the guise of "helping"..

• sf
    sf

This guy is all over cyberspace.

Insight on the Word
    Effective, life-changing advice that works! Dr. Derrick Whitt provides a bibliotherapeutic approach to depression, abuse, learning problems, family/marital problems and spiritual issues.

You will see through google that he is on a number of singles boards too.

Can you say P R E D A T O R?

I've always maintained that there are predators out there that aren't only sexual in nature.

This guy is on the prowl, no doubt.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit