Elders have no manners

by Jez 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jez
    Jez

There I am, Saturday morning, 9am, having a coffee with my kids, hair very messy, no make up, pj's on still, and they show up!

WHY do they NEVER phone first and make an appointment? I have asked them to do this but they won't comply. So I won't answer the door. Only my good friends would dare to stop by uninvited or unannounced.

Where do they get off thinking that they can just show up like that, get invited in for coffee and 'talk'??? Who do they think they are? My husband and I find it very arrogant, disrespectful and bully-like to continually do this.

PHONE FIRST AND ASK PERMISSION! IT IS CALLED MANNERS. SOCIAL EDIQUETTE!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Jez

• daystar
    daystar
    PHONE FIRST AND ASK PERMISSION! IT IS CALLED MANNERS. SOCIAL EDIQUETTE!

Perhaps, and this is just a guess, but perhaps they are just more concerned in catching a person off-guard?

• Ellie
    Ellie

Exactly! Who do they think they are?!!!!

• Confession
    Confession

I completely agree that this is a disrespectful and arrogant practice--and, believe it or not, when I was an elder, I used to say this openly to the body. When I was in charge of arranging shepherding, we actually made appointments with each family. When with another elder, I'd always bristle when he'd suggest we just pop in on someone.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I know exactly what you mean Jez - they never call here either. When I'm home alone I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone to come over, or I can peek out the kitchen window and see who's there. If we're both home and they come knocking I usually send hubby!

BB

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    When I was in charge of arranging shepherding, we actually made appointments with each family

Confession - you sounded like a great elder!! In all fairness to the elders here, when it was a shepherding call the elders always called beforehand and made an appointment.

BB

• WLG
    WLG

They're elders....they don't follow any rules, even their own.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I am also being confronted with this problem, they try and show up at my door unannouned. I mean seriously, I live in an appartment and they don't even buzz up, they wait until someone lets them in and come knocking on my door!! How rude is that? In Canada it's illegal to own a gun so I've bought some pepper spray instead to try and next time they try I'm gonna teach them a lesson about intruding on peoples privacy!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Yeah and when you open the door they are full of smiles and wonder why you have a face like thunder...ignorant gits!

DB74

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sickoflies, do you have a peephole in your front door? If you do next time the elders pop over, call the cops then hold them at the door and tell the cops that you did not let them in the building, they are tresspassing and won't leave you alone. At least that's what I would do.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit