What will the next flash of New Light bring?

by Amnesty Vendor 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

A lot of them probably think 1914 was a great success, because WW1 started that year! Seriously, I have heard this mentioned many times in support of that date.

Failing to note, of course, that they did NOT prophecy a 4-year long European war but rather the end of the world!

Also failing to care that the much more significant WW2 started in 1939 and they failed to even give a clue as to that...and that about the only war connection with 1975 was the end of the Vietnamese war.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    A lot of them probably think 1914 was a great success, because WW1 started that year! Seriously, I have heard this mentioned many times in support of that date.

If I was given some cash for every time I heard that "WW1 started that year"-thing, I`de be a rich man.

The JWs have been told so many myths about WW1 that they truly believe it when they think they can just use this date as "proof" of the beginning of the end times. To many JWs,especially the old ones, WW1 is the proof, not the 607-thing (which most of them don`t really understand anyway). I have tried to explain some of them how WW1 was really nothing new, and no biggie, when it comes to catastrophic events and suffering on a grand scale. But it`s like talking to deaf ears.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have been very quiet since the time that Franz died but who knows what they will think of they will change things in ways that will perpetuate the rule of those belonging to the inner circle. They will always remain a cult whatever they do they will never change enough to become a respectable mainstream religion.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

Sorry, I don't normally do this but I have to correct a typo in the post. The line

JW leadership has to come up

with something to keep this ship afloat.

I believe it should read: keep this shit afloat.

Because we all know the borg is a giant turd floating in the pool of humanity.

That said, I think it will be either the annointed selection ending in 1935 (which is hardly even known by most newcomers. Or a lightening, once again, on the blood policy. Possibly being able to accept all blood fractions just not whole blood.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Possibly being able to accept all blood fractions just not whole blood.

They can that allready, just not all fractions at the same time (yes, it`s now really, really stupid). There was a thread about it not long ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/109517/1.ashx

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Mandatory/highly encouraged donations. Perhaps a "plate" collection.

And, a new blood brochure & WT, perhaps one that does not misrepresent facts & discusses hemoglobin products.

Skeeter1

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    They will always remain a cult whatever they do they will never change enough to become a respectable mainstream religion.

I was born 3rd gen to missionary parents 1957 and baptized 1967 and i witnessed the whole watchtower world revolve around 1914 every magazine book,pamplet,talk,comment,daily text,field service sermon yes millions lived and died for 1914

Now when we point this out to them that this is their own history they revile us as "haters" and "hate mongers" they are exactly like the other destructive cults moonies and scientologist.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I think a new slant will be put on the 144,000 ...something like there doesn't have to be any here when the GT or the big A starts or a different slant to when the door was/will be shut!

• OpenFireGlass
  • lost_light06
    lost_light06

Sorry, what I meant was being able to accept the 4 major componants (Red Blood cells, White blood cells, Patelets and Plasma) but not all together (whole blood).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit