There's something happening here.

by nicolaou 79 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hey Watchtower! Can you feel it? That cold, hard knot in your stomach? Do you remember the good old 40's, 50's and 60's when the brothers were upbeat and motivated and growth could be measured in double figures? Aaah! Those were the days. Hell even the 70's were good, shame about that blip in the middle but at least there was a buzz in the Kingdom Halls right?

Still, you had all those lovely new fields open up for harvesting in the 80's, praise Jehovah! What's that? You'd rather not talk about Japan? Oh I understand.

Now listen here Watchtower, your time is running out bitch. 1914 will soon be a 100 year old millstone around your scrawny chicken necks and a new breed of JW, the social JW, is now ascending. These kids don't give a flying fuck about you or your ego inflating fantasies of divine appointment.

Things are changing Watchtower. Too many broken promises. God the 90's were bad for you weren't they? Freddy dead, the bloody Internet, and then the generation thing. Ha ha ha! Are you scared yet?! Keep shutting our sites down, keep bad-mouthing us in your mind raping rags but you know deep down . . . things have changed.

Who's got the momentum now Watchtower? Where's this all going to end. Are you going to grow old like some decrepid, unloved grandparent shoved into an old folks home with only the other geriatrics for company. Tick, tick, tick Watchtower.

There's going to be a lot of pain along the way, for you and us both. But for every family you divide, for every child you sacrifice and for every life you waste in your obscene little cult we will grow stronger! And another piece of you will die.

This can only end one way Watchtower, you know it and so do we.

Nic'

*****************************************************************************

For What It's Worth
    Stephen Stills, 1966

There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speaking their minds
    Getting so much resistance from behind

I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
    A thousand people in the street
    Singing songs and carrying signs
    Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your life it will creep
    It starts when you're always afraid
    You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
    Stop, hey, what's that sound
    Stop, now, what's that sound
    Stop, children, what's that sound

• Frog
    Frog

I LIKE your optimism Nic!!...change is inevitable, and very much a beautiful thing

Who's got the momentum now Watchtower? Where's this all going to end...{sic} Tick, tick, tick Watchtower.
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Nic, as soon as I saw the subject line to your thread, I started hearing For What It's Worth play on the jukebox in my head.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

As soon as I read the "tick, tock" the clock that the crocodile swallowed in "Peter Pan" jumped in my head. It drove that pirate crazy!!

shelley

• zagor
    zagor

hear, hear - lol

but seriously, only thing that can save WTBS at this stage is if some sort of Armageddon truly arives

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It has died already, it just didn't feel the bullets ripping through the huge corpse and striking the heart. In 1991 the age of the BBS was over and the dawn of the Internet began. It died with the advent of free exchange of ideas.

It didn't know the bullets were hollow-points and that every third round had an asterisk carefully carved across the tip.

It was oblivious that where lead struck bone every third round would splinter into six or eight pieces of shrapnel ripping and tearing through the bloated and rabid body.

It had no idea that every third round was a tracer, showing the way for other shooters to direct their shots more precisely. It didn't know that Quotes' site was only a tracer round and it rejoiced when that tracer round went dark.

It is clueless, the bullets have come too fast, the barrage laid down too effectively. It can't react yet, it is terrified by the speed and ferocity, it is paralyzed by fear and uncertainty. It has some sense of its doom, but the death throes are yet to come. It doesn't know how badly it is wounded yet, in its struggle to keep living it will thrash about wildly and finally stop.

That is when our families and those we care for will be free to choose again. And we will be waiting to help them choose more wisely.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Spectre
    Spectre

Well said, Nic!!!

• Clam
    Clam

Ha, Great Stuff Nico. I used to think of Vietnam when I heard that song, now maybe I'll think of the WTS.

• aniron
    aniron

Nice post Nicolaou

Been my thoughts for a while now as well. Agree with everything you said.

I remember the upbeat feeling in the 70's through the 80's. Wonderful Japan.

Congregation had to split into two. We built a bigger Kingdom Hall in 1990 ready for the increase that was coming.

Then it all started slowing down. People seemed to be coming more savvy to what the JW's were preaching. Those that left no longer hid away but now shouted about the WT in books and on the internet. Then the "generation" change. Its no use them saying ithad no effect, it did. Iknow JW's who were completely thrown by it. An Elder (40), who was the service overseer and a pioneer, brought up in the WT, was knocked by it. He justed couldn't get his head round the change. His enthusiasm for the "truth" went.

JW kids as you say no longer blindly follow their parents. The information they can get their hands on in schools and college is tremendous. In schools they are taught to question, which is why the WT doesn't like education.

The UN and paedophile scandals again put a big dent in the WT image.

I know two Elders who left over the paedophile issue, both were shocked that the WT had such a policy on dealing with it. One of them discovered that there was a paedophile in his congregation. The Elders of the "committee" didn't see the need to inform anyone else.

Also the WT has a wonderful habit of shooting itself in the foot. Take for example the "WT Quotes" site. It wasn't criticising them or anything like that. It was just their own words with nothing added. Yet they considered it "embarrassing" to them. Why? Then they decide to shut it down. What happens? More and more of the site spring up all over the world. So instead of one site they had to deal with, now there are at last count about 20, and in places they can't close down.

Lately we see changes. Awake! published just once a month. Bethel staff cut back. WT being sued. Buildings being sold.

The WT may not die off completely there will alway be a hardcore you will hang on. But it will become a shadow of its former self, no longer able to influence millions of peoples lives.

The Watchtower is crumbling.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Lately we see changes. Awake! published just once a month. Bethel staff cut back. WT being sued. Buildings being sold.

The Watchtower is crumbling.

Reminds me of the broadsides doled out by Cap'n Jack in "Master and Commander".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit