There's something happening here.

by nicolaou 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Shazard
    Shazard

<h1> I feel so good, that not only I feel this change </h1>
    Thanks, pal, you give me hope that my brother will return from dubs one day!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Torpedo in the water!!!!!!!

• JH
    JH

Babylone the great is dying

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Touche Nic

Dismembered

• sir82
    sir82

I like to think of the WTS as a giant ship, whose propulsion has been cut off. It is still moving forward, due to momentum, but it is slowing perceptibly, and at some point fairly soon, it will completely stop and begin to drift back with the tide.

The propulsion for the org. was always the nearness of Armageddon. Since 1995, with the generation change effectively cuting off any sense of urgency, the org. runs on momentum only. People who were around before then keep doing the same mind-numbing routine, 5 meetings a week, 10 hours of driving around & offering magazines each month, superficial underlining of magazines that passes for "study". Kids of members get baptized, and there is still moderate from-the-field growth among the poor & disenfranchised, but there is no longer any strong drive.

I fully expect the growth, now down to 1.3% per year, to drop to 0 within the next 3-4 years. By 2014, the numbers will be in full retreat.

The GB members still capable of rational thought are quite aware of this, I'm sure, and are quite clueless about how to stop it. So they keep trying the same methods that worked in the past, writing magazine articles and scathing assembly talk outlines. But it doesn't work. The propulsion is gone, and they have nothing to replace it with. Take away the promise of a new world "soon", and you're left with a wearying schedule of tedious busy-work that offers no rewards whatsoever. People, perhaps subconsciously, are beginning to recognize that, and are looking to fill their starving souls with something else.

So what's the solution? Write more articles! See the upcoming WT study articles, commented on other threads already, about the "dangers" of "seeking fulfillment" and "loving your job".

My overriding fear is that all this will lead to even worse depression and harmful actions, perhaps even a spike in suicides. Its one of the reasons I hang on as an elder--I fear the end of the Org. may come sooner than even many on this board expect, and the fallout will be devastating. Maybe I can help people if I'm still on the "inside" and they view me as such.

• blondie
    blondie

Time for a new date.........2014 perhaps

• Shazard
    Shazard

That would be very nice move from side of real true God if WT would "celebrate" 2014 with empty or close to it Kingdom Halls... and not because of Armageddon but because of truth :)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Perhaps CT Russell should have stuck with haberdashing.

Dismembered

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Torpedo in the water!!!!!!!

LMAO! A refreshing read Nic Thanks, unc.

• blondie
    blondie

I just remembered that the WTS had focused on 1874/5 because of a 100 year miscalculation in their bible chronology. Maybe the WTS could find another error in "the count of time" making it 2014 not 1914.

*** Thousands Year book chap. 11 pp. 209-210 "Here Is the Bridegroom!" ***

In the year 1943 the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society published the book "The Truth Shall Make You Free." In its chapter 11, entitled "The Count of Time," it did away with the insertion of 100 years into the period of the Judges and went according to the oldest and most authentic reading of Acts 13:20, and accepted the spelled-out numbers of the Hebrew Scriptures. This moved forward the end of six thousand years of man’s existence into the decade of the 1970’s. Naturally this did away with the year 1874 C.E. as the date of return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the beginning of his invisible presence or parousia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit