There's something happening here.

by nicolaou 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

oops.... one too many clicks (double post)

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

i think as long as people are looking for the comfort of religion the wts will continue to change and develop simply because they have the resources to do it , for some times and dates are important , for others the fellowship , for some the rigid rules and regulations , the list goes on people will always look for answers to their questions in life and there will always be religious / charismatic leaders to give them what they hope for, so i wouldn't be surprised if a pheonix will rise from the ashes again

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Wonderful, Nic, (ever read a post that you wish you had written?)

Axelspeed has a lot of insight . I see the org. becoming less Apocalyptic moving towards a normal religious belief , personal long term salvation being the goal.

It seems that there will always be new partakers to replace the dead remnant, so the "anointed" will live on. As long as there are sad souls who wish to complain about the world around them, there will always be people "sighing and crying over world conditions - thus a ready market , so long as the flock can be motivated to keep on door knocking .

And then there are distortions of truth, as I heard from the last Circuit Assembly programme a few weeks ago, " We thrill that Jehovah is speeding up the work now, since around 5000 people a week are getting baptized these days".

But Lets hope for an implode!!

• wombat
    wombat

Bttt

• wombat
    wombat

Sorry, but i will bump this again. This is really one of the best posts and threads ever.

I enjoy the fluff more than anyone. I'm a prime culprate.

But if you are on this site you should really read this from the start.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I agree with dabatgaly in that to many people, the false prophecies don't really matter nor the doctrinal inconsistancies. Look at the catholic church. I just had a interesting conversation with another brother on this subject and he was interested more in the association and hanging out with other witnesses than the accuracy and truthfuliness of the oganization. His mentioned to me that who would he hang out with if he left the organization? Where would he go if he left the organization? He is not really a deep thinker and this pretty much discribes the majority of witnesses (most haven't a college education nor experience in critical thinking.)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

is this a thread or an antitypical thread?

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I agree with dabatgaly in that to too many people, the false prophecies don't really matter nor the doctrinal inconsistancies. Look at the catholic church. I just had a interesting conversation with another brother on this subject and he was interested more in the association and hanging out with other witnesses than the accuracy and truthfuliness of the oganization. He mentioned 'who would he hang out with if he left the organization?' 'Where would he go if he left the organization?' He is not really a deep thinker and this pretty much discribes the majority of witnesses (most haven't a college education nor experience in critical thinking.) So yes, the organization is a bit of a social club to him where he gets some spiritual comfort and some social activity. Ultimately, the numbers will decrease but there will always be people coming, sort of like the mainstream churches are experiencing now.

• wombat
    wombat

Gee, I'm tempted to bump this thread again but I'd better not as I've done it a few times before. It is really a great read and a lot of thought has gone into it. But I won't bump it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Apologies for the shameless bump but I just wanted to let you know that something is going to happen. Don't get carried away, I'm not posting a BIG NEWS announcement or trying to raise hopes of major WT trouble - nothing like that at all. No, something big and nice is going to happen for us! This is something just for us exdubs, nondubs and anyone else who's who's been hurt by the cult.

The watchtower can't take it away from us even though it will certainly piss them off annoy them. When you see it you'll think "Crap! Why the hell didn't someone do this before?" It won't change your life, it won't make you more attractive to the opposite sex and it won't bring you inner peace or fulfillment . . . . . . . but I think you're going to like it.

I'm only piquing interest now because I'll need half a dozen or so . . . . testers/helpers. (No it's not site admin or anything boring like that). If you're interested just say so here.

So this will be my gift to you all by the end of the month. I'm a tease ain't I?

Nic'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit