The CO says --

by stillajwexelder 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• uninformed
    uninformed

Its difficult to inspire a sense of urgency about God's Kingdom when you spent the last 15 years making sure we were all up to date on the "UN programmes and activities".

What is urgent about the WT is to "get out of her my people if you do not want to share in her plagues".

Uninformed

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    and he finished up by saying "That is why we have gone through the Daniel book again - because some have lost their sense of urgency"

So let me get this straight. The CO believes that the solution to people "losing their sense of urgency" is to bore them to tears?

*giggle* Large corporations thinks it works for their sales organizations. Why not???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

just wanted to say HI STILLA...

HI SASSY

• thinker
    thinker

Perhaps JWs are learning to watch what the WT DOES rather than what it SAYS. Creating new corporations to avoid lawsuits, buying new printing presses, moving HQ, cutting back on staff to save money - these are the actions of a corporation that plans to be around a good, long while.

What has the WT DONE to show they believe the end is near?

They never believed 1975 was the End either, because in 1974 they were busy re-organizing the power structure of the GB! If the end was that close, why bother?

thinker

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

it was announced recently that the elders in my area had met to discuss the plans of building 4 or 5 halls in the next 5 to 6 years. I leaned over to my mother, and said "looks like I've got time to go to college".

• garybuss
    garybuss

Lol @ Rich! Too funny!
    Rich, if they use 40 year shingles on those new halls, that actually could give you time to get the education and work for 40 years:-)

The Catholics put 100 year tile roofs on their buildings. What do they know we don't?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The governing body needs to read Ezekiel Chapter 34. If you haven't read it, any of you, you should. A long time ago, a ministerial servant, the brother of my dear sister in law, took me aside in the parking lot of the KH. He told me that an elder had said the chapter applied to the society today. He told me to go home and read it and see if I didn't see how it applied in the congregations today. I read it and it blew my mind. It did apply! Thank you, Pat. You helped me see the light and get out of the org. I wonder to this day if Pat was secretly leaning towards "apostate thinking". Governing Body members, Circuit Over Seers, District Over Seers, Elders, publishers. If you are reading this, go straight for your bible and read the entire chapter of Ezekiel 34 and ask yourselves why you are so loyal to an organization that so clearly mirrors the shepherds and strong sheep of Israel that starve, then feed off the weak and sick sheep and push them to the outside of the flock so they become easy targets for predators. Also, why do you cause strong sheep to starve and weaken so that you also push them out? This is serious. You are messing with people's lives and you will answer for it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(Ezekiel 34:1-31) 34 And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy, and you must say to them, to the shepherds, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "Woe to the shepherds of Israel, who have become feeders of themselves! Is it not the flock that the shepherds ought to feed? 3 The fat is what YOU eat, and with the wool YOU clothe your own selves. The plump animal is what YOU slaughter. The flock itself YOU do not feed. 4 The sickened ones YOU have not strengthened, and the ailing one YOU have not healed, and the broken one YOU have not bandaged, and the dispersed one YOU have not brought back, and the lost one YOU have not sought to find, but with harshness YOU have had them in subjection, even with tyranny. 5 And they were gradually scattered because of there being no shepherd, so that they became food for every wild beast of the field, and they continued to be scattered. 6 My sheep kept straying on all the mountains and on every high hill; and on all the surface of the earth my sheep were scattered, with no one making a search and with no one seeking to find. 7 "‘"Therefore, YOU shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah, 8 ‘"As I am alive," is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, "surely for the reason that my sheep became something for plunder and my sheep continued to be food for every wild beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, and my shepherds did not search for my sheep, but the shepherds kept feeding themselves, and my own sheep they did not feed,"’ 9 therefore, YOU shepherds, hear the word of Jehovah. 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Here I am against the shepherds, and I shall certainly ask back my sheep from their hand and make them cease from feeding [my] sheep, and the shepherds will no longer feed themselves; and I will deliver my sheep out of their mouth, and they will not become food for them.’" 11 "‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "Here I am, I myself, and I will search for my sheep and care for them. 12 According to the care of one feeding his drove in the day of his coming to be in the midst of his sheep that have been spread abroad, that is the way that I shall care for my sheep; and I will deliver them out of all the places to which they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick gloom. 13 And I will bring them out from the peoples and collect them together from the lands and bring them in onto their soil and feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streambeds and by all the dwelling places of the land. 14 In a good pasturage I shall feed them, and on Israel’s high mountains their abiding place will come to be. There they will lie down in a good abiding place, and on a fat pasturage they will feed upon the mountains of Israel." 15 "‘"I myself shall feed my sheep, and I myself shall make them lie down," is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. 16 "The lost one I shall search for, and the dispersed one I shall bring back, and the broken one I shall bandage and the ailing one I shall strengthen, but the fat one and the strong one I shall annihilate. I shall feed that one with judgment." 17 "‘And as for YOU my sheep, this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "Here I am judging between a sheep and a sheep, between the rams and the he-goats. 18 Is it such a little thing for YOU men that on the very best pasturage YOU feed but the rest of YOUR pasturages YOU should trample down with YOUR feet, and that the clear waters YOU drink but the ones left over YOU should foul by stamping with YOUR very feet? 19 And as for my sheep, on the pasture ground trampled by YOUR feet should they feed and the water befouled by the stamping of YOUR feet should they drink?" 20 "‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said to them: "Here I am, I myself, and I shall certainly judge between a plump sheep and a lean sheep, 21 for the reason that with flank and with shoulder YOU kept pushing and with YOUR horns YOU kept shoving all the sickened ones until YOU had scattered them to the outside. 22 And I will save my sheep, and they will no longer become something for plunder; and I will judge between a sheep and a sheep. 23 And I will raise up over them one shepherd, and he must feed them, even my servant David. He himself will feed them, and he himself will become their shepherd. 24 And I myself, Jehovah, will become their God, and my servant David a chieftain in the midst of them. I myself, Jehovah, have spoken. 25 "‘"And I will conclude with them a covenant of peace, and I shall certainly cause the injurious wild beast to cease out of the land, and they will actually dwell in the wilderness in security and sleep in the forests. 26 And I will make them and the surroundings of my hill a blessing, and I will cause the pouring rain to descend in its time. Pouring rains of blessing there will prove to be. 27 And the tree of the field must give its fruitage, and the land itself will give its yield, and they will actually prove to be on their soil in security. And they will have to know that I am Jehovah when I break the bars of their yoke and I have delivered them out of the hand of those who had been using them as slaves. 28 And they will no longer become something to plunder for the nations; and as regards the wild beast of the earth, it will not devour them, and they will actually dwell in security, with no one to make [them] tremble. 29 "‘"And I will raise up for them a planting for a name, and they will no more become those taken away by famine in the land, and they will no longer bear the humiliation by the nations. 30 ‘And they will have to know that I, Jehovah their God, am with them and that they are my people, the house of Israel,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah."’ 31 "‘And as regards YOU my sheep, the sheep of my pasturing, YOU are earthling men. I am YOUR God,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Stilla, you just made it easy for them. Good, now they have no excuse not to read it. What do you think of it?

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

it was announced recently that the elders in my area had met to discuss the plans of building 4 or 5 halls in the next 5 to 6 years. I leaned over to my mother, and said "looks like I've got time to go to college".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

richie,

you made my day!

not only college -- possibly graduate school too :-)

-silent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit