The CO says --

by stillajwexelder 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    There are so MANY that are just going through the motions because of family and friends.

I think this describes about 60% or more of most congregations here in the US. The idiot, hardcore elders think attendance is dropping because some of us dont do enough shepherding... Would you have go to more meetings if you had a dopey sit down session with an elder a few times a year when american idol was on... honestly? I dont think people care anymore and this CO is just repeating what he was told to repeat because we got that same line from our CO. We actually were told to visit every family in our Bookstudies with the "Keep on the watch" brochure... like this is supposed to help!

• blondie
    blondie

I think they need a new date to focus on, like 2014 (100 years after 1914).

They developed 1975 from 1966-1975, 9 years. If they get cracking they have 8 years to do it again.

Blondie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

For any of us that have been on this board for some time, as well as new ones too, can see the "snowball/domino effect of one leaving in droves, that Watchtower is having to deal with. All you have to do is sit at this board, and the new membership is astounding!

Dismembered

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

If the organization put more emphasis on faith in God and not on "solid facts that this system is ending" they would not be having this problem. To much to often the society pushes people to believe things because they are "logical" and "make sense". This is a horrible way to develop spiritual people. What you have is a bunch of people whose entire religious belief system is built around physical things. Think about some of the main beliefs people in the WTS hold:

1. It is an undenyable fact that we are living in the last days.
    2. It is an undenyable fact that only one organization is approved by God on this earth.
    3. It is an undenyable fact that in the near future the earth will be transformed and everyone will expierance a life full of plenty.

The society has created some very thin ice for itself by pushing these things for years.

Weak faith in God + Strong Faith in Organization = Confused Followers

• gumby
    gumby

This quote has been used on this thread more than all others

There are so MANY that are just going through the motions because of family and friends.

Why? Apathy is the reason. Here's a defintion of apathy.

apathy

1: an absence of emotion or enthusiasm 2: the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally indifference, spiritlessness]

Their apathy is a result of too many wolf calls, and unrealistic demands from it's members who are now seeing through their translucent messages.

Gumby

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

sick of lies - thanks for posting that picture of heretic and apostyabbq maestro - that made me smile and have happy memories of last summer and look forward to this summer!

crumpet !

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding COs, I just heard Bob Rokos who was our CO in the 90's died just after he got remarried to a young sister. Hmmm.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    expectation postponed is making the heart sick
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Is this not emphasised also by the study article in April 15th 2006 WT. p27 par11.. Discussing Haggai & Zechariah and the Jews reluctance to rebuild the temple

Now is the time to 'set our heart upon our ways ' We should take some time to analyze our priorities in life . Jehovah's blessing on us today depends upon the extent to which we are magnifying his name and moving ahead in our work at his spritual temple. You might ask yourself 'Have my priorities changed ? How does my zeal for Jehovah, his truth and his word compare to the zeal I had when I was baptised?

There are pages of this

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and he finished up by saying "That is why we have gone through the Daniel book again - because some have lost their sense of urgency"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit