If The Witnesses Started Going After You Now, What Would You Do?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt it would happen to either me or dedpoet as we are both da'd and have requested no visits, but if they did get it into their heads to call, I doubt if we'd even answer the the door to them. I know for certain we wouldn't be in any way friendly to them if we did open the door

• Dimples
    Dimples

LOL at mrsjones

I don't think they would come looking for me because I disassociated myself but if they did I would tell them to:

Dimples

• greendawn
    greendawn

If they try to entice me back I will just tell them all that there is wrong with their organisation and it all adds up to them being a cult, I would try to bring them out as they are seeking to do the opposite. The end that never comes, the lack of fraternal love and solidarity, that most dubs are not even part of the New Covenent and can't be Christians, the many lies and schemes of all the WTS presidents etc

• undercover
    undercover

I give it some thought from time to time. I feel like I've completed a pretty succesful fade, but in the back of my head, I know that sooner or later, something will hit the fan to bring attention back to me. I have too much family still in and I work with active JWs.

How I would react would depend on who's involved and how I was approached and treated. Treat me nicely and I'll return the favor. Try to get high and mighty with me and we'll rumble.

If I was ever "invited" to a JC meeting, I would just decline. I no longer accept their authority over me. If they feel the need to have a meeting over me, they can go it alone. I won't be there.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I would tell them they better stay at least ten feet away or they would be infected with Apostatitis, a disease that is spreading quite rapidly

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi Minimus,

I have MANY issues! However, the one that my husband and I have decided to hold their feet to is the issue of 607. It seems to be the best one, especially if you show them how the Watchtower references contradict the Appendix to the Kingdom Come book. They will be stumped! We told them that that issue was HUGE to us, and that until they could resolve this, we were at a standstill. That might keep them occupied for a while. (If you want a copy of those reference, look under Mrs. Congeniality - "easy math for 586/587. She posts the Watchtower references.)

L.L.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Minimus, your mother is one special kind of lady. Do be sure she knows you know that!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Depending on my mood, I might just pump them full of lead.

• Mary
    Mary

Certain libel laws prevent me from posting what I'd do if they tried coming after me now. But I can assure you, it wouldn't be pretty.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Minimus, ***for your mom.

The elders did come to me and in an undercurrent they threatened me and said that if I started talking about the UN and bringing it to the attention of the publishers that they would have to take judicial action.

I told them that at this time I didn't intend to talk to the publishers about it, but if someone pressed me and wanted to know what was going on that I would tell them, and supply them with the information that I have.

Following my statement above, I told them if they EVER did decide to come after me that I would go to the religious editor of our local paper and give him all my research documents about the WT and the UN and see if we could come up with a nice article that would really keep the elders busy.

I have't heard from them since, but if I do, I will be sure and remind them.

u

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit