Newberiffic.

by frogginator 37 Replies latest jw friends

• frogginator
    frogginator

Hey, just thought I'd do a quick intro, share some song lyrics that have spoken to me, and then have a look around.

My name's Erin/froggi, and I've been disfellowshipped for 4 years, since I was 19 years old. I'm 23 now. I was raised a JW, and my homelife was actually quite idyllic, typical 50s sitcom stuff, like the Cleavers. Stay-at-home mom, great extended family, father who had a temper issue but never took it out on us, let alone anyone. When I was 19 I met a guy named Eric, and fell for him, after having been engaged to a JW, who ended up dumping me a month before the wedding (it was hell having to hear my dad call everyone we'd sent invitations to and tell them it was cancelled), only...Eric wasn't a JW. So I got df'd for fornication, which I am still not repentant for to this day, even though I'm no longer with him.

So, this whole time, I've written the whole deal off as nothing bad, though having finally steeled my courage to read such 'apostate' literature online over the past few days, I've started to realize that I don't need to have been abused or had exceptionally horrible experiences while still in the congregation in order to be traumatized by it now. I've really been craving talking to others in my situation.

I also thought I'd share some lyrics that really fit how I've felt since my disfellowshipping:

"Escape From The A-Bomb House" by Less Than Jake

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Welcome Frogginator!

• frogginator
    frogginator

I just wish I could figure out how the formatting works here. Haha.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

welcome, we have a plague of frogs on this site now.

Chat away, because it will help you move on and clear all the fallacious reasoning the meetings have loaded into your head. If you have any questions ask away as there is always someone that can supply the answer.

• frogginator
    frogginator

Thanks for the welcome. It's taken me so long to actually be able to think of seeking out other people who are ex-JWs, and I still feel guilty about it! Agh.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome froggi!

Nice story you sound perfectly normal, I like the song too, thanks.

As far as the formatting maybe this will help. I removed the duplicate topic that was all bunched up this one is better.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/110198/1.ashx

• frogginator
    frogginator

THANK YOU. I was using Firefox, and that was my problem. Yay. I can see toolbars and stuff now!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yay! Tools! And stuff!

he,hee glad it helped, I didn't understand it but as long as it works, yay!

• frogginator
    frogginator

Yup! It's just changing and using Internet Explorer instead. Hah. Ah well. I always feel so stupid when I go to a new forum.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey welcome, it sounds like you've got your head together! This site has been my lifeline as I let go of all the stuff I thought was true.

It's really encouraging to see that you're going to avoid the damage that goes with the trauma of being disfellowshipped. Don't dismiss any ugly feelings you get about it; just talk it out. I've found so many people who feel exactly the same way, and that makes it somehow easier to deal with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit