Newberiffic.

by frogginator 37 Replies latest jw friends

• frogginator
    frogginator

It always made me rather sad. XD

I used to listen to those tapes so religiously...I could talk along with them. Haha.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, froginator. You sound like an articulate and sensitive young lady.

I can relate to the flat emotions. I experienced something similar the first few years I left my abusive ex-husband. Now, I celebrate when my emotions match the moment, including crying. I was never a JW by the way, but somehow I can relate to the ex-JW experience. And oh yeah, I am married to a JW.

I never went to a therapist, but I did manage to recover in my own way. I found that endless introspection dug me in deeper, especially in the early years. My salvation was to involve myself in my world and my community. When I was adding to my world (gardening is a great therapy) I felt much better. I'd had my fill of destructiveness, manipulation, and evil. I'm still allergic to manipulators, I can't stand to be in the same room with them.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome Froginnator!

well us Americans are rolling out bed now, so you'll be getting lots more welcome from over here.
    I'm happy for you that you didn't MARRY a JW. It must have been horrible to go through a broken engagment but hey you know you saying, thank goodness for unanswered prayers! he he he

glad you are here. hope this board helps you as much as it's helped me.....

-freedomlover

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• ferret
    ferret

Hi froggi: WELCOME

• LDH
    LDH

Froggi,

You are right, nothing 'horrible' had to happen to you for your whole JW experience to have been a waste. Just the fact that you went 18 years with no choice in the matter is enough.

I bet you'll never let anyone else take 18 years from you.

I love the avatar and it's great to have you!

Lisa

• Poodles
    Poodles

Welcome sweetie

BTY, i like frogs, they are clean after you wash them! Just kidding!

Paula

• lola28
    lola28

Well I'm a little late but welcome to the board, I hope you have a superfantastic time here.

lola

• caligirl
    caligirl

Welcome froggi! Glad you found the board. The guilty feelings do go away.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Welcome Froggi!

Glad to have you here, welcome welcome!

SK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit