God shunned all, but Jews and christians with the correct understanding?

by Star Moore 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

My sincerest apologies for just now responding; I did not see your questions within the thread. The statement you asked about (which is not "scripture," I'm sorry to say, but simply recorded history) can be found at Acts 1:8.

Also, "Samaritans" are like "Americans," and thus, a nationality. Those who were Israelites by ethnicity, from the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel, became "Samaritans" when they were relocated to that region (Samaria) after being taken captive and exiled from their land by the Assyrians. An example would be that I am an American, by nationality, and "African" by ethnicity.

"Jews" are both so by ethnicity (from the tribe of Judah), and nationality (from the region of Judea).

There is the myth that "Israel" was exiled to Babylon, but that is false. It was the Jews (of the 2-tribe kingdom of Judah) who were exiled to Babylon. By the time this had occurred, Israel (the 10-tribe kingdom) had long been captured by Assyria.

Because of their unfaithfulness, Israel (or the "Samaritans") were renamed "Oholah", and Judah (or the "Jews") were renamed "Oholibah."

I hope this helps.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Wow..thanks SJ Really helped...clearer understanding for me....Star

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

So, SJ Is it okay to call all 12 tribes, Jewish now???? Being as we don't know what tribe anyone is from?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Star,

First let me appologize, I misunderstood your statement (note to mysef: read things more carefully).

My point, communicated rather poorly, was that the term "Jew" is ambiguous in that it has both religious & ethnic connotations.

Regarding your statement: Yes, the Jewish race is the chosen people of God. He revealed Himself in a very unique way to them. And yes, God used the Jewish race to bring the Messiah to the earth.

The issue is not that good didn't want to have anything to do with the "good" people of other religions, but rather to bring them into a complete relationship with Himself. He did this be illustrating that no amount of "goodness" could ever remove the taint of sin from their souls.

This is the essense of love. To pay for the sin of His fallen creation with the life of His perfect Son.

I hope this is clearer

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace! You ask:

Is it okay to call all 12 tribes, Jewish now????

Well, although many do, I can't see why we would. Indeed, the Jews are from among the 12 tribes, but at least 10 of those tribes are not Jews. W hy call them something they are not? And would it not offend them to do so?

Being as we don't know what tribe anyone is from?

But there is a very good reason for that: JAH allowed the record of their lineage to be destroyed because they were trusting in it more than in Him. They became haughty because of their bloodline (to Abraham) and as a result, ended up being scattered and interspersed among all walks of peoples, intermingling with them to the extent that Abraham's blood has been so diluted is really is questionable as to whether much more than a drop remains in any of them. In most of them today, it does not.

The Most Holy One of Israel, however, knows where Abraham's blood is in the earth. It is not hidden from Him. And contrary to popular belief, there may be more in a man born in

That is one of the reasons why we must learn to love our enemies: we do not know in whom Abraham's blood resides, whether "Jew" or "Greek." Nor does it matter. But it does matter if we treat another poorly… and such one happens to turn out to be a brother of Christ… whether by means of blood (Abraham's)… or spirit (God's).

I bid you the greatest of peace, dear Star!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I must disagree with you, if you will permit me:

Yes, the Jewish race is the chosen people of God.

The Jewish race is not the "chosen" people of God. Israel, of which the Jewish race is a part, were God's chosen people. By means of a promise to Abraham. Unfortunatey, that "race" rejected the One who was sent to save them (first)... and as a result, was rejected as the "chosen" race.

He revealed Himself in a very unique way to them.

God revealed Himself to Abraham... who was not a Jew. To Jacob, who was not a Jew. To Moses, who was not a Jew. And through Christ, to the Jews first, and then to the remaining tribes, the Samaritans. The woman at the well was a Samaritan, not a Jew. The 12 were covenanted to sit on 12 thrones for the 12 tribes of Israel... not just Judah/Benjamin. The 144,000 who are taken "from among the sons of Israel," are not limited to the Jews.

And yes, God used the Jewish race to bring the Messiah to the earth.

Indeed, salvation came THROUGH the Jews, for my Lord descended from the tribe of Judah, due to the promises made to both Judah... and David. BUT... it is by means of Him that, once the full number of the nations have come in, ALL Israel... will be saved.

I bid you the greatest of peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    Hello friends in Christ: XJW4EVR and A Guest.... I was thinking of us having different view of the definition of a Jew so I looked it up in the American Heritage Dictionary: Jew: An adherent of Judaism. or A descendant of the Hebrew people. or after the tribe of Judah. So, what I'm thinking is the old definition or the technical definition..is from the tribe of Judah but now is refered to as any Isrealite.
    The issue is not that god didn't want to have anything to do with the "good" people of other religions, but rather to bring them into a complete relationship with Himself. He did this be illustrating that no amount of "goodness" could ever remove the taint of sin from their souls.
    XJW4: So this is another reason...good point! AGuest...And peace to you. I'm a person of peace myself..if possible that is ...
    Well, although many do, I can't see why we would. Indeed, the Jews are from among the 12 tribes, but at least 10 of those tribes are not Jews. W hy call them something they are not? And would it not offend them to do so?
    I am thinking that sometimes both the tribe of Judah and the other of the 2 tribes (I forgot which one it was) are both called Judah..when the tribes were divided 2 and 10. So maybe because Judah was where the ark of the covenant was, it could represent (after a time) the whole nation..as though it was the capital...What do you think?
    JAH allowed the record of their lineage to be destroyed because they were trusting in it more than in Him. They became haughty because of their bloodline (to Abraham) and as a result, ended up being scattered and interspersed among all walks of peoples,
    I liked this point, I was thinking about the theory about Mary Magdalene settling in France and how Jesus' child could have carried on the bloodline and now could be European.. wow..(just a theory) but fun to think about as I from over there yonder.lol
    That is one of the reasons why we must learn to love our enemies: we do not know in whom Abraham's blood resides, whether "Jew" or "Greek." Nor does it matter. But it does matter if we treat another poorly… and such one happens to turn out to be a brother of Christ… whether by means of blood (Abraham's)… or spiritual Jews..
    Yes, good point, I remember the scripture about being hospitable to all for we may be entertaining angels...yes...You and I could even be a Jew and not know it right? Your sister in Christ,
    Mar 25, 2006
    Mar 25, 2006

• AGuest
    AGuest

the greatest of love and peace to you! It is very nice to make your acquaintance!

I am thinking that sometimes both the tribe of Judah and the other of the 2 tribes (I forgot which one it was) are both called Judah..when the tribes were divided 2 and 10.

Both Judah and Benjamin were called "Judah." Benjamin joined with Judah for strength and the two became one. There was also a sprinkling of of Levites, those who left Bethel (the capital city of Samaria, home to the 10-tribe kingdom of Israel), to serve at the temple in Jerusalem. But the lion's share of Levi remained with Israel, in Samaria.

So maybe because Judah was where the ark of the covenant was, it could represent (after a time) the whole nation..as though it was the capital...What do you think?

Well, eventually, even Judah lost the Ark, right? The 10-tribe kingdom was rejected because their king, Jeroboam, began installing priests from whatever tribe he chose, rather than Levi, because he didn't want to go up to Jerusalem and worship there. So, he set up false worship at Bethel (and no, it's really not a coincidence)... which became the 10-tribe kingdom's downfall. Oholah. Later, the 2-tribe kingdom did worse: they became so haught and self-righteous, that they left off justice and mercy among their number. They turned their faces from the poor, the orphaned, the widows, the homeless, the destitute. They burdened the people down with so many rules, and pointed the finger, and judged and condemned... because their HEARTS had left God (although they still went through the motions, observing festivals, engaging in rituals, etc.). But they didn't fool the Most Holy One of Israel, because it was not what they were on the OUTSIDE that He was examing, but what they were on the INSIDE. And they failed, miserably, from high priest, to lowly peasant. And it wasn't just the "upper crust" treating the lowers poorly - the lowers would treat each other worse! Oholibah. The Ark of the Covenant couldn't save her! I hope that helps, dear Star, and I thank you for allowing me to serve you (for I am in fact your servant, as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel). Your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Shelb

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I agree with the point in the opening statement, the Jews were a special people for the line of Christ, but not to the exclusion of others.

JOB was considered the greatest man alive during the time of the Israelites despite being an oriental not connected at all to Moses.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Thanks for responding.. JWFacts... I don't see why God would have helped all the good people in the world..or now for that matter..

But Job was alive before Moses.. But the Muslims for sure were blessed...It says so .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit