God shunned all, but Jews and christians with the correct understanding?

by Star Moore 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you... and may you all have peace!

(First, dear JT, please check your IM... thank you!)

Now, then, I'm sorry, but I get a little "peaky" when people refer to the "Jews" as "God's chosen people." Jews, dear ones, were not the only ones chosen by God as His people for God chose... Israel. ALL of Israel. The Jews are only a part, and a small part at that. The Jews have significance only because Judah (the progenitor of the Jews) received a blessing, that is, that the "seed," Christ, would come through his line (David was a Jew, the Lion of Judah). But that blessing did not negate the blessing to the rest of Israel ("for... all Israel will be saved..").

That is why there were 12 apostles chosen, why 12 were sent... to the Jews, first... and then to the rest of Israel... because there were 12 tribes. Just as my Lord is recorded to have said:

"You will be witnesses to me throughout all Judea... AND Samaria."

The Samaritans, dear ones, were also Israelites and it is a marvel that today's religious world, while continually professing to have so much "knowledge," repeatedly overlook that fact. Cornelius, a Samaritan, while not a Jew, was an Israelite. That's why Peter was sent to him FIRST... of those who were not Jews... but were still of Israel. And why the Samaritan woman at the well was recorded to have said to my Lord "OUR forefathers used to worship in this mountain..." meaning her forefathers AND his... because while she was not a Jew, she was an Israelite, as is my Lord.

And a "gentile" is simply someone who, although perhaps an Israelite, is not a Jew. To understand this, you must understand who were/are Iraelites. In the flesh, they were/are:

1. Those of the two-tribe kingdom of Judah, and their blood descendants. Judah was/is made up of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin (with a few Levite priests); these are called "Jews." Their land was Judea, their first king (after the split) was Rehoboam, and their capital city was Jerusalem

2. Those of the ten-tribe kingdom of Israel, and their blood descendants. Israel was/is made up of the tribes of Reuben, Simeon, Asher, Naphtali, Levi, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph (represented by Ephraim and Manasseh) and Gad. Dan received no share and Joseph, as Rachel's firstborn, received two. Their land was Samaria, their first king (after the split) was Jeroboam, and their capital city was Bethel.

"Israel" today, however, is:

1. The descendants of both Judah and Israel, those who are Israel in the flesh; AND

2. Those who show themselves to be "Israel" by means of subjecting themselves to its true king, the One sent on behalf of her, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

The latter includes those of the first group, as well as those who are not Israel by blood, but rather Israel... by spirit.

I bid you peace..

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• gumby
    gumby

Shelby...your up waaaay past your bedtime girl and your gonna be grawgy in the mornin if you don't get some sleep. Now go to bed...ya hear!

Gumbedbug......who's off to bed right now

Nite nite

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

The early watchtower promoted zionism and thereby contributed to the movement for the expulsion of Jewish people from Europe in the Holocaust. Many Jews in Europe opposed zionism for precisely the reason that they were assimilated in those countries and did not want to be made into aliens in their own lands. Nevertheless Zionists, both Jewish and Christian (such as Charles Taze Russell) promoted zionism against their wishes.

Needless to say zionism involved the extermination or expulsion of the Palestinian population of Palestine.

As for the exceptionalism of Yahweh, this beastly figment of the imagination accepted virgin sacrifices just like any other pagan god

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1063/sdaughterlargefiles00018ov.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7831/sdaughterlargefiles00020ci.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4309/sdaughterlargefiles00030hv.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3129/sdaughterlargefiles00045fw.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8307/sdaughterlargefiles00054xg.jpg
    http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4064/sdaughterlargefiles00060yf.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2474/sdaughterlargefiles00076mg.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9359/sdaughterlargefiles00081hd.jpg
    http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9143/sdaughterlargefiles00097wg.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3862/sdaughterlargefiles00104pk.jpg
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/183/sdaughterlargefiles00115ug.jpg

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    Shelby:

ALL of Israel. The Jews are only a part, and a small part at that.
    So, the word 'Jew' comes only from Judah, do I have that right..new to me. I thought, Isreal = Jew.

"You will be witnesses to me throughout all Judea... AND Samaria."
    I looked and couldn't find this scripture. Could tell me where it is? Thanks. Kind of a new thought to me..
    Cornelius, a Samaritan, while not a Jew, was an Israelite. That's why Peter was sent to him FIRST... of those who were not Jews... but were still of Israel.
    But now this makes sense.

"

"Israel" today, however, is:

1. The descendants of both Judah and Israel, those who are Israel in the flesh; AND

Do you know why the Samaritans were Isrealites? Think I learned this once a long time ago, but forgot.

Hallaluah: Was a little hard for me to grasp what you were saying...

Mar 22, 2006

Mar 22, 2006

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Star Moore,

You list religions, but the Scriptures you cited all refer to race. Sorry but what you are attempting to infer doesn't fly on the outset.

D

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

On the initial topic:

The assertion that "Israel is Yhwh's people" has two successive meanings:

(1) In the ancient polytheistic context, it is a very natural expression; it just means that Yhwh is Israel's national god (lower case intended): by the same standards it can also be said that "Moab is Chemosh's people" (cf. Judges 11:24).

(2) In the post-exilic monotheistic context, the same phrase turns to mean something entirely different, namely that the one and only God chose one people among many: this becomes a deep mystery -- or scandal, depending on the perspective.

SM,

The text you are wondering about is Acts 1:8.

Cornelius, a Samaritan
    Now that's a new one. Cornelius is conspicuously a Gentile, a Roman (a centurion of the Italian cohort, Acts 10:1 insists). The mission in Samaria is in chapter 8.
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    the bible gives us Hope for the future

When baking a cake it's useful to have a little vision for the future that we remove our desert at the appropriate time. But when it comes to truth, have you ever experienced reality other than the present moment?

Just because billions of people unquestionably remove and shrink divine-truth to some other place and time, should we then? Why would our true Source and Sustenance (God, if you like) be limited to some other place and time? If anything the Source of this wondrous universe should be the one thing that is NOT LIMITED! Why do we postpone seeking truth where we stand right here and now, when all the truth we have ever experienced is right now? Because a book written by some desert tribesmen says to look elsewhere? Because an ancient goat herder uttered it?

Perhaps what we need to do is go deeper into the only time and place we ever are, right here and now, look past all our mental fabricated beliefs, concepts and definitions of self and universe, and see if there is a Reality that is not, nor ever has been, too limited and tiny to be absent.

j

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

XJW4VR : Yikes...I don't know alot about it..the quotes, I put there, were from 'aguest'. So you are saying the "jews" may apply to all of Isreal in the religious sense???

Nark: 1) In the ancient polytheistic context, it is a very natural expression; it just means that Yhwh is Israel's national god (lower case intended): by the same standards it can also be said that "Moab is Chemosh's people" (cf. Judges 11:24).

I have a hard time believe that Yahwah was ever part of a polytheistic god context..

James T.. I believe in being here now..but not completely.. Have you ever read the zen stuff.. Or the book from the 60's called 'Be Here Now'? You might like it

night...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Nark: 1) In the ancient polytheistic context, it is a very natural expression; it just means that Yhwh is Israel's national god (lower case intended): by the same standards it can also be said that "Moab is Chemosh's people" (cf. Judges 11:24).

I have a hard time believe that Yahwah was ever part of a polytheistic god context..

Actually much of the OT makes a lot of sense from this perspective, as it was written somewhere along the way from polytheism to monotheism.

Vestiges of full polytheism with Yhwh being only a god among many, are rare but striking. In addition to the text of Judges I referred to, Deuteronomy 32:8f is interesting, if you compare the translations.

But the most common is the intermediate perspective (henotheism), in which Yhwh is already more than the "average god" but not "the only God" yet. For instance he is the "god of gods," "higher than all the gods," "nobody is like him among the gods," etc.

Mark Smith's The Early History of God is a good read.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    I believe in being here now..but not completely..

Dear Star,

I'm not talking about "believing in being here now", but rather actually and really being openly with the present reality of now. It's important to clearly discern the difference between believing something, and reality itself. One is an activity of the minds imagination, the other is allowing consciousness to look past the minds interpretation, and silently opening and meeting with LIFE. In other words: beliefs and thoughts of a tree, are not a tree. Actually being with a tree, openly feeling and sensing it's majestic presence, smelling it's fragrance, running our hands across the smooth roughness of it's skin, and hearing it's leave sing and dance with the wind is an indescribable and un-thinkable experience infinitely richer and more real than any belief or written commentary about trees.

What you have voiced here: "I believe in being here now..but not completely.. " is the exact reason there is suffering in the world, and the reason why so many find it necessary to hope for some future fulfillment. It's little wonder we feel need of some future place and time when we ignore the Life in and around us now, and fill our present moment with beliefs, concepts and thought. We have ears and can not hear, eyes and do not see. And if we carry this way of existing into some future place, we will remain unfulfilled because we will not be present there either.

There is right here and now a reality and life so endlessly rich and complete that it excludes no one and no thing. it's center is our center; it's being, our being; but we will never know it, never be aware of it, unless we are present with it, now.

The truth and wholeness you seek is what you really are, already. What the word G-O-D points to, is not so lacking or limited as to be restricted to some other place, time or entity; no matter what the Bible says.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit