God shunned all, but Jews and christians with the correct understanding?

by Star Moore 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hey Star,

Here's what I'm thinking....

Whatever or whoever it is that is considered Divine or Deity etc...

Is it One or are there Many or a few? (plural)

What Steve said is very interesting. Clam mentioned that a persons religion has much to do with where they were born (where they live).

So, One Deity and each tribe and peoples call Deity something that their ancestors have called it (him/her etc) for centuries. Is one name better then the other? It's still One Deity, One God/dess.

Good thread.

cheers and blessings on this beautiful first day of spring,

meagan

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Star Moore:

Do you really think the God of all the Jews, christians and even muslims, is a tiny tribal god.?

Yes. The Christian and Muslim concept of a god is taken directly from the ancient Jewish tribal traditions and teachings. However, it doesn't matter what I think or say.

There needs to come a time when we desire truth so strongly that we are willing to examine everything the mind tells us. It's important to be empty of all thought and beliefs which in any way separates us from nature or reduce us to an individual isolated thing, so that there may be a deep and clear sense of the unbroken wholeness of being and existing. It's important to intimately feel the seamless and infinite vastness of conscious being.

Really tasting the wonder and beauty of the actuality of life, leaves no question that the little moronic man-god expressed within the pages of the Bible is far, far too diminutive and foolish to ever have anything to do with the existence of such a grand expression of life and reality.

It seems the mind has an innate desire to know it's Source; but what is infinite can not be grasp or known by the finite limited mind. So the mind creates little gods in it's own image that it can cherish, embrace and own. Ironically, love for little gods and deities often blinds the heart to what is present and real.

The only limits or distance to what the word G-O-D points to, are beliefs and imaginings within the mind. So, the world would be a far better place if rather than filling our minds with "sacred" ramblings of ignorance, we threw away our "holy" books and sat in stillness allowing consciousness to delve deep into it's most close and intimate being.

j

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

James Thomas...But I like my holy book......

Whatever or whoever it is that is considered Divine or Deity etc...

Is it One or are there Many or a few? (plural)

Hey Meagie, I would say it's one God with enough love to let us express our relationship with what ever name we are comfortable with and the way which seems the best to us.. Like if we have a child, would we order the child what flowers to pick out for us? No..we would just be very glad that they were getting us flowers...I'm pretty sure now, it would be the same with God...

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

What have the Romans ever done for us? Spread Christianity.Otherwise we would all be discussing whose better the Vikings or the Celts and which group gets to sacrifice virgins at Stonehenge and Christianity would be completely unkown. Maybe WE are all chosen.We are not living in a desert surrounded by hostile Muslims with a few nukes( not GOD ) for insurance.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    James Thomas...But I like my holy book......

I understand. Why eat the food when we can read the menu. Why experience God as the true Source, Sustenance and reality of our own being and all existence, when we can give our selves to a story book instead. Why experience reality when we can live in the abstract world of words and beliefs in our mind. Makes sense to me.

j

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    Why experience God as the true Source, Sustenance and reality of our own being and all existence, when we can give our selves to a story book instead.

JamesT. Hey there, are you refering to getting into nature and being here now and such..? I like to do that too, but the bible gives us Hope for the future..which is great for me.

• gumby
    gumby
    but the bible gives us Hope for the future..which is great for me.

The bible also gives promises for the present....accept they aren't true.

Jesus said 'anything you ask in his name' would be granted to the asker. How many millions of people who have prayed"in his name" never get squat for an answer do you suppose? I'm one of them ....so I gave up.

Jesus told his followers he'd be back to get them after he prepared a place for them.....and he never showed up. Why believe in his future promises if his promises back 2000 years ago never materialized?

Gumimpatient

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hey Starry,

Hm, I'm thinking this....

Some people prefer to look for God/dess in a book. Some people don't need any God/dess. Some are content if not thrilled with nothing divine.

Some people don't need a book at all. They can find answers as to what they consider Divine or Deity in nature. Rather then being seperate from the Divine or Deity, they find a peaceful coexistance with him/her.

Looking at the flow of life in the world around us yields so many answers. For me, it has given me more answers that make sense to me.

I think sometimes, we can read the Bible front to back and hunt for the clues that tell us of the end times, but miss out on the riches of what is around us. I think that many answers are to be found in our own spirits.

Think of this:

You mentioned about Ishmael and the Muslims etc and the nations....

Then perhaps the Koran might yield clues or the various writings of the eastern philosophers, that are Just as Inspired as the Bible. Because if God never left and remains with those of other religions, then those writings Must be inspired and would have to mesh with the writings of the Bible.

What do you think Starry?

g'night

meagie

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    Jesus said 'anything you ask in his name' would be granted to the asker. How many millions of people who have prayed"in his name" never get squat for an answer do you suppose? I'm one of them ....so I gave up.

Hey, Gumby. You sound disillustioned with God and hope.. don't blame you. Things are a mess and brutal too. Seems like things just don't get any better. The prez is so crazy. God seems to answer prayers in really unnoticeable ways to me.. Just hang in there..I think things will start turning around soon.....................luv, star

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

yes Meagie..I think the Koran may be inspired too..as God is blessing the muslims. But keep in mind, I've never read any of it...ugh.. Lance has it, maybe I could read at least some of it.. I wonder if like Buddist, Taoist, Hindu, Krishna, etc. might be inspired. Why not? I know there's good in all of them.

Then perhaps the Koran might yield clues or the various writings of the eastern philosophers, that are Just as Inspired as the Bible. Because if God never left and remains with those of other religions, then those writings Must be inspired and would have to mesh with the writings of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit