Well, It all hit the fan!

by onesong 30 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Last week I sent an e-mail of a compilation of of traits of a cult (I posted it here Mon. or so) to every JW I had an address for. I knew it would come and sure enough it did! Some of the most vehement things people can write : "Don't ever do that again! Don't drag us down into your pit of sin! How can someone so rebellious as you think you can help us! blah , blah ,blah" It opened up some converation with my family though (they hadn't talked to me since August) and my point to everyone was : Do you understand what it feels like to get a Watchtower in your door that takes the beliefs you hold near and dear to your heart and trashes them saying they're "false religion and from Satan" ? Do you understand it can be as insulting as saying that someone's race is from Satan? What you're doing is religious bigotry. I was simply trying to hold up a mirror for them so they could have a little compassion for the people they talk to, put yourself in their shoes. I hope it makes them stop and think for at least one moment. Thru this another idea for a billboard came to mind : "Jehovah's Witnesses--we can say anything we want about everyone elses religion, just please don't say anything about ours...that's apostasy"

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

I'm not cleaning it up!

• jstalin
    jstalin

Were you standing in front of the fan?

• luna2
    luna2

Uh oh, onesong. What happened?

• blondie
    blondie

Notepad

• formyboys
    formyboys

I'm with mjarka! I'm not cleaning it up.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I give you an incredibly amount of credit for having the courage to send that info to the jw's that you know.

You are absolutely right. They trash other religions and stand on a persons doorstep telling them to reexamine their choice of worship, yet when the tables are turned, or as you put it, when you force 'em to look into the mirror, they can't stand it.

meagan

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Very well put. Yeah we can all relate to most JW reactions. I have been called everything from an apostate to a Swine and everything in between. They don't believe in Name Calling. But do it themselves all the time. Cognitive Dissonance.

The Claw

• onesong
    onesong

I know it came across as mean to them but I did it because I really do love them and want them to see the prison their in. Sometimes the truth hurts but I can't help that.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Funny but yet we were all taught at one point to NOT judge people, that was God`s job!! We we`re just suppose to "show love for one another", yeah! right! Where do they follow this?? Oh I forgot they don`t follow Jesus`s advice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit