Well, It all hit the fan!

by onesong 30 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Good on ya bro!! You've got guts man.

We've all got our own way but I love your honesty and admire your courage.

unclebruce

• gumby
    gumby

Onesong...yes that was courageous...but I'm not sure if it was the best idea. I'll tell ya why.

In my hometown an elder left the organisation. After he left, he bombarded his family with what he'd learned about the witnesses. He has 5 boys in his family...all witnesses, also his wife a witness.

He got so bad with harrasment, his wife seperated from him( and still is) and his boys don't have much to do with him and are appalled by his actions.

I guess my point is......does it do any good to actively campaign against them? How many usually listen? Do you make enemies with all former family and friends who were witnesses to where they now despise you and you now have no future hope of letting your new life apart from them to ever get a chance to discuss anything with them?

I realise many here have shared what they learned with family members and have been successful in getting them out of the cult. These ones aren't the ones that keep badgering when red flags go up and usually have somewhat of a listening ear from the witness....but, when you see you are pushing others further away....why not stop? Had I kept badgering my dub wife....we'd be apart now. As it is....we get along just fine.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary

I agree with Gumby. While our initial instinct is to tell our relatives all that we know, it's probably not a good idea to bombard them all at once. It's simply too overwhelming for the majority of them and the walls around the Holy of Holies in the brains goes up, and you can't penetrate.

I think it's a much better idea to slowly let them know what you think and how you feel. Just a little bit at a time. You'll have a much better chance of getting not only your family, but others in the congregation to stop and think for a moment, if you just give them one or two things to think about.

• gumby
    gumby

F$%#$% Mary!..........she's always gotta say it better than me damn her!

*takes pics of Mary off his bathroom wall*

Gumby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

More power to you!

• Mary
    Mary
    F$%#$% Mary!..........she's always gotta say it better than me damn her!

Oh now me little Gumbabies......don't get your green knickers in a bind..........actually, I thought you said it much better than mwa.

*takes pics of Mary off his bathroom wall*

So where am I now? De bedroom?

• onesong
    onesong

I hear you Gumby and Mary and for the most part I haven't done a whole lot else and don't plan on doing anything more in a direct way. I just woke up in the middle of the night about 4 nights in a row and that's all I kept thinking about. I don't know, something was just driving me from deep within and although I was a little nervous doing it it felt great when it was done.

(Except for when I realized I made a huge blunder. I had planned on sending it anonymously and so set up a new e-mail account. Brain-dead when I did it, I put my name on the account thinking it would only send the new address. You might imagine my initial shock and panic when after sending them all out, I checked how it appeared when I sent it to my other account--and there was my name all over it!!!! Holy Sh*t!!!)

I quickly got over it and thought well... here we go!

• Swan
    Swan

I don't see anything wrong with fighting fire with fire. Just make it clear to them that if they insist on leaving their message in your door, you will reciprocate with disseminating your message to everyone you can.

Tammy

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I guess my point is......does it do any good to actively campaign against them? How many usually listen? Do you make enemies with all former family and friends who were witnesses to where they now despise you and you now have no future hope of letting your new life apart from them to ever get a chance to discuss anything with them?

Amen...much more can be achieved covertly!

DB74

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Jehovah's Witnesses--we can say anything we want about everyone elses religion, just please don't say anything about ours...that's apostasy"

amen to that! damn!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit