How many left of 144,000?

by annalice 66 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Nathan - this is very cool! You do good work fast!

I have a mind warp on one piece of your research, however...total World Population 80 or over - only 77,138? Could that mean millions?

Wow - if that is 77 thousand I really must have cut the cheese on the quick estimate I did for Blondie. I had guessed that there were about 2 billion world population in 1914, and that maybe 0.00125 ( or 1/8 of one percent ) could have survived till now. This gave me about 2.5 million now.

Should I sell my nursing home stock?

Seriously, this is both useful and fascinating stuff - thanks for your great research -

James

• Emma
    Emma

I seem to remember hearing that "they" taught some of the "anointed" would survive the big "A" to help get things orgainzed in the "new system." Is that true or not? If so, that might get used to explain the lack of a decrease in numbers.

(Sorry, I don't know how to do the TM stuff.)

• blondie
    blondie

Emma, they have backed off that teaching a bit. They do say that there will be some alive on earth when the GT breaks out. But think about this, the WTS teaches that the marriage of the bride class takes place shortly after the destruction of Babylon the Great. Can that take place if all the anointed are not in heaven? A question they can't answer and so have backed away from some of the anointed being on earth in the new system.

w88 12/15 p. 17 Angelic Messages for Our Day ***

Following the destruction of Babylon the Great, preparations are finalized for the marriage of the Lamb and his bride, the 144,000

w95 7/1 p. 14 Christian Witnesses With Heavenly Citizenship ***

Picture the joy in heaven when the last of them finally receives his heavenly reward. Now, at last, "the marriage of the Lamb" can take place!

w92 4/15 p. 17 Jehovah’s Provision, the "Given Ones" ***

Finally, after the demise of Babylon the Great, all 144,000 ‘sealed ones’ will be in heaven for the marriage of the Lamb.

• Emma
    Emma

Thanks Blondie. I missed that "reasoning." Maybe the will eventually paint themselves into a corner.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah they butchered that dogma . I think it was the seventh trumpet blast the apostle Paul mentioned that the dead in union are to be raised then the living are gathered together and meet the lord in the clouds . To me it's saying they witness the incoming kingdom of heavens descending to earth where they make their escape from the great tribulation . Not going to post the scriptures don't feel like looking it up again .

My take is that the generation that fortold and identified the time of christs return would not pass away . Hard to say on that one . The WTBTS claims it was not until 1918 that they finally got the nod for FDS . I know my grandma can be considered of the generation of 1914 she was born in 1898 and still alive and kicking even tho never a dub . She's catholic. I really tho couldn't imagine those really old ones surviving the GT as mentioned , but anything is possible .

• M.J.
    M.J.

Here we go...

This is from the data here: http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/NC-EST2004/NC-EST2004-01.xls

This is projected US population in 2004 from the 2000 census data.

according to the table, there was an estimated total of 1,780,307 persons over 90 years old in 2004 in the US.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

James, your eagle eye focused with laserlike precision and exposed me for the bumbling idiot that I am. At the top of the page that I sourced the data about the 2002 octogenarians, it says "populations in thousands."

DOH! <tries to smack forehead, but misses.>

I've added three zeros to the numbers from that source and to the speculations I wallowed in based on those numbers.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Submitted for your approval: The "Generation" of 1900 ...an acrylic painting on a brown paper bag; a demonstration that media is not the message... The figures were obtained from the US Census Bureau. I went to the year 1900 and got the total population aged less than one year, then went to 1901 and got the one year olds, then to 1902 for the two year olds, etc. , until I got to 1989's 89 year olds. at that point the files I downloaded changed format to 5 year clumps of age, so I need to go back and see if they have the count per year somewhere. What this demonstrates is what an population graph should look like: It starts off fairly flat. Infant mortality takes a toll, and apparently immigration works it's magic also. but a point is reached - call it a "knee" or call it a shoulder - when the rate of loss really begins to accelerate. For the generation of 1900, this is about the 50th year. Other more recent generations will see their knee or shoulder moving further out. Your mileage may vary. This is precisely what is missing from graphs of the Watchtower anointed. Despite their supposed advanced years, they remain remarkably undead. alt

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That is some fabulous work Nathan! I just don't see how any JW can justify the anointed's numbers at this point. If only 600 people are no longer a part of the anointed class from 1985-2005, it would take another 280 years for the rest of the anointed class to disappear. Jesus would be more than 1/3 of the way through his 1000 year rule before he had all of his assistants in heaven to help him. If I was Jesus, I would renegotiate my contract with Jehovah.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

In 1999 at the 'Gods Prophetic Word' district convention the speaker stated that, "SOME OF THE REMNANT WILL STILL BE ALIVE ON EARTH AT THE START OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION". Many remember it.

Within months, the following was printed in the January 15 Watchtower

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 18 "Keep on the Watch" ***Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

The associated footnote read;

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 "Keep on the Watch" ***In the parable of the sheep and the goats, the Son of man arrives in his glory in the period of the great tribulation and sits in judgment. He judges people on the basis of whether they gave support to Christ’s anointed brothers. This standard for judgment would be meaningless if at the time of judgment, all of Christ’s brothers had long since left the earthly scene.—Matthew 25:31-46

Is anyone aware if this teaching (that some of the remnant will remain alive until Armageddon) has been replaced?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit