How many left of 144,000?

by annalice 66 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are barely any world war one veterans left by now and the few ones that live are over one hundred eg one born in 1900 he fought in the last year of the war ie 1918 and is now 106 years old. In France they have less than ten left.

Stillawitness in China there are few dubs because that country's government style is similar to theirs ie it is very authoritarian and doesn't tolerate dissent from its ideology, and they don't like religion. They are a one party communist state.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I offer this email I received in response to a request I made from PRB:

This follows up on your information request from this morning.
    According to the United Nations Population Division, there are about 265,000 persons age 100 or older (that is, who were alive in 1905) in 2005. About 10.7 million (10,685,000) people in 2005 are age 90 or older (alive in 1915).
    The citation is as follows: Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat, World Population Prospects: The 2004 Revision, accessed online at esa.un.org/unpp, Sept. 1, 2005.
    Age-specific data are also available for various parts of the world through the UN Population Division’s online database: http://esa.un.org/unpp/ . (Population by five-year age groups are in the “Panel 2: Detailed data” section at left.
    As I mentioned during our phone correspondence, my colleague at PRB, Carl Haub, can best answer any questions you may have about various international data sources. He may be reached at 202-939-5415 (phone) or [email protected] (e-mail).
    Thank you for contacting PRB. I hope you find the information helpful in your project.
    Regards,
    Kelvin Pollard, PRB
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Kelvin M. Pollard
    Senior Demographer
    Population Reference Bureau

Here are the statistics as of 2005. There is a VERY sharp drop off rate in the number of those who survive to age 100.

The first group were alive in 1905 and would have been at least 9 or 10 when the war broke out in 1914, but includes those who were older.

The second group were alive in 1915 and includes all those from the first group as well as any born in the intervening 10 years.

There is no generation that saw 1914 anymore.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Those alive who are 90 or older comprise 0% of the world population, specifically 0.16%.

I used 10,685,000 people in 2005 are age 90 or older divided by a world population of 6.6 billion to arrive at the percentage.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

I've been told that the "powers that be" at Bethel think that only 300 - 400 of the 8500 partakers are legitimate. They figure the rest are either misled or nut cases.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Fanghorn said,

I've been told that the "powers that be" at Bethel think that only 300 - 400 of the 8500 partakers are legitimate. They figure the rest are either misled or nut cases.

Even claiming 300 to 400 is absurd from a mathematical point of view. Populations decline in the manner described by the graphs I've posted in this thread. >>IF<< the claim for this special anointed class was legitimate - and it is NOT - but let's pretend for a monent that it is, then a realistic number of survivors would be one, maybe two dozen. The GB needs to reveal new light that they are it. That would paint them into a corner of their own construction.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In all honesty, they cannot expect people to believe that the generation of 1914 is similar to the generation of 2005. It is beyond the pale. The generation that saw 1914 is dead, it isn't coming back. They have painted themselves into a corner, alright. The attitude of their adherents proves it.

Even if we go for the 200 or so number, how do they know which are legitimate? I could go back today and be appointed an elder within 6 years. I know for sure that I could—if I didn't have these damned principles and ethics stopping me. So, it isn't because of being used by Jehovah in "worthwhile" ways—anyone willing to be silently used up by that vile organization will be used up.

But the two most recent appointees to the GB are in their 50s. WTF?!? Not possible. And they know it, at the top. This "replacements" theory doesn't wash.

But really, the whole explanation of the FDS and 144,000 crumbles with a cursory examination of the doctrine. (1) The FDS is God's sole Channel of communication with the earth and has been being used, without interruption, since 33 CE; (2) Jesus had to examine the churches in 1914 to FIND the Channel that God had been actively using since 33 CE; (3) Jesus had to CHOOSE that Channel in 1919 (took him over three years) even though the anointed began to be resurrected to heaven in 1918; (4) the Channel finally figured out who they were in 1951.

If that doesn't raise serious questions in the minds of JWs, nothing will dent them. This thing is dead already.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• heathen
    heathen

I think they could at least admit they are dogmatic about it . I think that's funny that they believe people are nuts for claiming they are anointed, meanwhile we have a book publishing corporation that wants to rule the world , has proven it tells lies and still want's to be known as the only light of truth in the world . Oh how quaint

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit