How many left of 144,000?

by annalice 66 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I bet there's not many Chinese people in heaven.

• Dune
    Dune

Before i even started coming to JWD i started to be disturbed about the number discrepancies.

Then i heard that they were accepting people who were younger than 60 for the anointed then i started to get suspicious. I typed in "anointed remnant" into google and now i'm here, lol.

• Legolas
    Legolas

WT 1999 2/1 page 14

[Box

on page 19]

"No

More Additions!"

At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

• greendawn
    greendawn

"It will be intersting to know what will happen to the org when all the so called annointed have died that are on the GB"

They have already shown us what they will do by picking up two dubs in their fifties to join the GB. It is easy, you instruct relatively young persons of your liking and trust to start taking the bread and wine pretending that they are anointed (who can check them out anyway to verify if they are "anointed") and after a few years you call them to Brooklyn to become GB members. You buy another 30 or 40 years before you have to explain why the "non anointed" are running the org.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation
    I bet there's not many Chinese people in heaven

lol Ballistic. I think that equates to racial discrimnination.. but then from the illustations in the orgs books God is a caucasion, Kenny Rogers lookalike from the good old US of A. So he couldn't converse with any chinese fellas or any joe foreigners and likes a cold beer and a sing song with some bible bashing yankees up in the clouds.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I think that equates to racial discrimnination

no, not racial discrimination on my part, I'm just saying that as the Witnesses are not very big in China (which has 1 fith of the worlds population) there could not have been many of the anointed from there, especially pre 1935.

• Dune
    Dune

I find it very hard to believe that god will kill off a billion people because Atheism is their country's national religion.

• blondie
    blondie

For those who wonder about 1935 and the supposed closing...this concept was also ventured in 1881...that no more anointed would be called...obviously there were those who did claim that after 1881 and after 1935.

This is where the speaking out of both sides of their mouth WTS concept of individuals and groups comes in. It was closed in the sense that as a group all had been called, but individuals could still be called. Confusing...yes...but that is how they work.

It is much the same when they say that the great crowd (as a group) will survive through Armageddon but some individuals could die.

w02 12/15 p. 15 "He Will Draw Close to You" ***

How, though, does Jehovah guard his people? His promise of protection does not guarantee us a problem-free life in this system; nor does it mean that he is obligated to work miracles in our behalf. Nevertheless, Jehovah does provide physical protection for his people as a group

Notice how they qualify that individual elders might not be faithful yet "as a group" they are.

*** w99 6/1 p. 19 Appreciating the "Gifts in Men" ***

Yet, as a group, elders in the congregations worldwide are faithfully fulfilling the objectives Jehovah had in mind for them

Or young JWs

*** w99 9/1 p. 8 Youths—Resist the Spirit of the World ***

But as a group, these young ones have taken a courageous stand for what is right...

Qualifying statements by the WTS about 1935; weasel words "virtually," "general," "about," "practically."

*** w01 5/15 p. 15 ‘Behold! The Great Crowd!’ ***

by 1935 the calling of the 144,000 anointed Christians was virtually complete.

w00 1/15 p. 16 "Desirable Things" Are Filling Jehovah’s House ***

It seems that by the year 1935, the general ingathering of the anointed was complete

w95 2/15 p. 19 "Have No Fear, Little Flock" ***

and the evidence is that the general gathering of these specially blessed ones ended in 1935.

w88 1/1 p. 11 The Last Days—A Time of Harvest ***

Evidently, the gathering of these was virtually complete by 1935.

re chap. 20 p. 125 A Multitudinous Great Crowd ***

Their being identified in 1935 as the great crowd of other sheep was an indication that the choosing of the 144,000 was then about complete.

*** w82 2/15 p. 30 "What Prevents Me from Getting Baptized?" ***

’ it seems evident that the heavenly calling in general was completed about the year 1935,

*** uw chap. 14 p. 112 ‘I Make a Covenant With You for a Kingdom’ ***

it seems evident that the heavenly calling in general was completed by about the year 1935 C.E.

***Man's Salvation (1975) chap. 11 p. 201 No Harming nor Ruining in the Spiritual Paradise ***

For sixteen years the liberated remnant concentrated on their witnessing to the established Kingdom, or from the spring of 1919 to the spring of 1935 C.E., and this time period allowed for the general gathering of the remnant of spiritual Israel to practically a completion

• luna2
    luna2

Yep, yep, yep. I'm sure they're just waiting a few more years, til more of the present GB and more of the older dubs die off and then they'll have some sparkling new revelation about the "annointed remnant". Wouldn't it be amusing if they turn it into something shifting and esoteric like the current "generation" understanding? LOL

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

as long as there are people hearing voices there will always be more anointed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit