Why do women make up the majority?

by daniel-p 124 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic
    So you see, handling a firearm improperly ISN'T just the domain of men. (Dick Cheney Class)

Hell, we don't even have handguns over here but lets NOT get on to that one which has done a few "rounds" lol on this web site.

Ballistic...if we only lived closer, I'd give you a real life demonstration!!!

now there's an offer you don't get everyday!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Funkyderek, for real, for real I took an archeology class on this stuff. It talked about maternalistic and paternalistic tribes. I, also, have seen documentaries about this type of culture too. Maybe, you should take a couple of archeology classes, and then it wouldn't be so hard for you to accept.

Look up terms like:

Matriarchal tribes, culture, etc...

Hunter gatherer tribes (something should come up)

http://www.sdnpbd.org/sdi/international_days/Indigenous-people/2004/indigenous_people_bd/bangla_tribe21.html

Family Structure: According to a Khasia proverb, the civilisation originated from the female. Because of the existence of a social system based on matriarchy, Khasia girls make their own choice of bridegrooms from tribes other than their own and keep their husbands in her own houses after marriage. Marriage within one's own tribe is forbidden and results in the loss of ownership of property, excommunication from the village, and no funeral after death. Most marriages take place on the basis of prior mating on the part of the girl. Usually girls invite would-be husbands to their houses and sometimes living together also takes place. Guardians are informed of the agreement among the intending parties and fix the date of the marriage ceremony. The males on the bridegroom's side dress the bridegroom in a white loincloth and a turban and take him to the bride's house. The bridegroom is blessed by his mother and senior female relatives. The bride's party welcomes them. The priest recites religious verses and blesses the bridegroom. The gods are offered wine and dry fish. After palatable dishes and drinks the bridegroom's party leaves him at midnight. The bridegroom treats the brothers and sisters of the bride as his own brothers and sisters. Sometimes marriage also takes place on the basis of the consent of the guardians without prior mating. After the marriage is over, a cottage for the new couple is built by the side of the house of the bride's mother. In some punjis this is compulsory. No cottage is built for the youngest daughter since she happens to be the heir of her maternal house and property. The wife does the monetary transactions.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Here's a real shocker: I probably wouldn't know the proper stance to hold a rifle or handgun, and I would never be able to hunt. I like animals too much - especially furry little ones. I adore kittens and I enjoy watching sea otters play in the ocean. With all this in mind though, I have an abundance of hair on my chest, have a masculine physique and the testosterone level to match. Dear Abbey: What's wrong with me??

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Your perfect. I suspect Dear Abby would agree. Don't worry about it; I DO know the proper stance and hand position to hold a hand gun. I'll protect you.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I have an abundance of hair on my chest

Sounds like a jungle...the perfect place to go hunting!!!

LDH....LOL!!! I'm checking to see if the safety is on my gun right now....

Swalker

• ballistic
    ballistic

* ballistic ducks another swing of the hand-bag *

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

* ballistic ducks another swing of the hand-bag *

ROFLMAO!!!!

I guess it's safe to assume you have a lot more respect for those hand-bags NOW!

Swalker

• ballistic
    ballistic
    I guess it's safe to assume you have a lot more respect for those hand-bags NOW!

I do, I do, I do, he says cowering, but I thought you were gunna play gentle with me?

• LDH
    LDH
    lets NOT get on to that one which has done a few "rounds" lol on this web site.

Shit, you mean "this thread."

C'Mon back in FD, the water's fine. "By iron so iron is sharpened."

Mrs. McD, you know I was kidding you right?

LOL @ Swalker. That avatar kills me every time I see it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Er? What was the question? I think I went off on a tangent! Eheh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit