ELDERS BREAK UP GROUP OF SISTERS - WHY?

by juni 50 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

It's obvious all that depression is sexual repression .....

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well therapists say that depression is a result of repressed anger... I think many sisters struggle with being oppressed.. not being allowed to be their own person.. always be judged by others and told how to live., think and basically exist

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    So depression and unhappiness are ok, they just don't want people to know about it.

Man; I'm glad my wife is no longer under the cult's influence. If she was actually getting some uplifting help from hanging out with other women from the cong and some idiot told them they couldn't anymore even though it was helping her and the others to hang out, just because people from the cong were likely just actually worried about gossip (IMO) or even honestly just didn't want it being confirmed via communicating with each other that it's possible (well... LIKELY) depression can hit a JW, I'd have a hard time containing myself from busting brother so-and-so's nose "accidentally" with a guitar, door, or whatever other nearby object could possibly be seen as unweildy and possibly accident-causing and yet fairly painful. Too bad the pain felt by those suffering long-term depression isn't so short-lived. :( Sorry if it sounds like I'm condoning violence -- just trying to convey what type of emotions this type of stupidity can incite.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    bikerchic:
    Our experience was written up in one of the Asleep articles but most of it was watered down the real experience was life changing for me and I'm sure doing that work was the beginning of opening my eyes to venturing outside of the Borg for better information than they offered in their books and mags as well as it gave me a good look at how the Elder's view outside help.

It's good to hear your and others' positive experiences even in the midst of borg oppression, and glad to see you've been able to use some of that to help you get out of the WT's total control over you.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    It has happened before in other congregations I know of - the WTS will not acknowledge it has a depression problem - and you all know the answer anyway -- DO MORE FIELD SERVICE

Well need I say, it is field service that makes them depressed plus the fact that they are told they never do enough!

• juni
    juni

IT'S CERTAINLY A MAN'S WORLD INSIDE THE JW ORGANIZATION.

OH, THEY PATRONIZE THE SISTERS FOR THE HOSPITALITY THEY SHOW, FOR PREPARING MEALS FOR CO'S AND SICK ONES. THEY PRAISE THE GREAT ARMY OF WOMAN WHO GO DOOR-TO-DOOR.

THEY ENJOY THE EYE CANDY, 'BUT DON'T TOUCH' SAID ONE ELDER IN HIS LECTURE TO THE CONG. ONLY LOOK. BARF!

yadayadayada -

"only look, no touch brother"

Juni

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

These experiences remind me of a bunch of older sisters in one of the congregations I attended who used to get together and sing songs that were popular back when they were young women. They invited this elder's wife to join them but the elders wife decided that they should not be singing these "worldly" songs and wanted them all to sing Kingdom Melodies at their little get togethers. This created quite an uproar with the little group of sisters and they ended up excluding this elder's wife by never inviting her again. Right on sisters. Way to go. They weren't gonig to be bullied...

• Dune
    Dune

Because at this weakened spiritual state, the sisters are bound to give way their ungodly fleshly desires and seek comfort in each other through immoral practices, something very unbecoming of a true christians.

I dont know why the thought came up.

• luna2
    luna2

That's because you are very naughty, Dune. LOL

MsShock...I'm surprised that the elders didn't get involved. How dreadful, sisters getting together regularly for sing-alongs and NOT singing Dingdong melodies!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Therapy is discouraged, group get-togethers are discouraged, so the depression remains untreated. To make matters worse, no encouragement from friends is allowed. I hope they'll meet with each other anyways.

I was so depressed trying to do enough and get baptized, that I know if I stayed in, I would've killed myself. Literally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit