ELDERS BREAK UP GROUP OF SISTERS - WHY?

by juni 50 Replies latest jw friends

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

Luna--I know! How dare those rebellious older women.

I'm sure one of them would have had to wear a head covering (the one who was leading them in song) had they decided to go with the kingdom songs. lol.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I tried to start " tea parties " for some sisters in the hall that didn't always get invites to the money spending parties (home interior / tupperware) . We were told to stop too I remember being really mad about it that everyone just gave in when told to. I think the brothers didn't like the fact we discussed spiritual matters w/o a penis present ! Females that can think for themselves are such a threat to the Org.We will take over I'm sure of it. From the class of : Would you care for some sugar with your Oolong ?

• calico
    calico
    I tried to start " tea parties " for some sisters in the hall that didn't always get invites to the money spending parties

I had always wanted to do that, too. Seems I never got invited to something unless it was to spend money! I remember going to a cosmetic party and the cheapest item was a bar of soap for eight bucks! An older sister that I had known since childhood felt obligated to purchase something just because she was invited. She was going to buy the bar of soap--I talked her out of it!

Do you think the young, somewhat wealthy sisters who had this party realized that some feel obligated to buy stuff?

• calico
    calico
    I think the brothers didn't like the fact we discussed spiritual matters w/o a penis present !

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

Calico -- Good for you on talking that sister out of buying the expensive soap.

I was invited to more selling parties than I care to remember. It seemed like it was always the same sisters having these parties. I think they knew full well that the sisters invited would feel obligated to buy and I also think it was taking advantage of the "friends".

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Witless culture is very chauvinist and the elders likely believe that if you are a woman, you are a big GOSSIP. Many women getting together will mean a LOT of gossip, of course. Some of the women may discover that the meetings are actually causing their depression, and then what! They want these get togethers stopped before any damage is done. That's what they fear the most... people comparing stories and finding out the truth. Best to keep the "friends" not too friendly.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Why do they call people at the hall 'the friends' if they can't have any?

The same reason they call themselves the happiest people on Earth, when they're not.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I think the brothers didn't like the fact we discussed spiritual matters w/o a penis present !

The tower is the sourse of all light ..

and we must keep gosiping dragons sorceress's from their evil knitting ways

unclebruce

ps: cards games are based on tarot and frowned upon almost as much as chess (war), draughts (war), cludo (murder) and monopoly (that greed inducing real estate game

• osmosis
    osmosis

It is possible to do the right thing for the wrong reasons.

It is generally unhealthy for depressed people to associate (too much) with other depressed people. Mental states tend to be contagious and forming a close circle of depressed people creates a sort of positive feedback loop where the overall depression amplifies. (not positive meaning "good". positive in the sense that negative feedback tends toward stability and positive feedback tends toward instability and oscillation. electronic circuit theory lol)

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Reading through threads like this just makes me angry, and I remember exactly how it used to feel, The problem is Rank and File dare not show the spirit of rebellion. I remember elders clamping down on the fact myself and a few others used to send emails to one another, just jokes etc, but because someone once sent 'an experience' and this had been talked about in the WT it was all stopped. I was so mad, such a small bit of fun. It scares me now to see how blinded I was back then.

Now it's obvious why they were not allowing people to get together, because they were scared we might talk about our doubts etc. When I first joined this board and people used to talk about 'mind Control' and 'cults' I just laughed inside but now I can clearly see how it was acheived and more frustratingly how it's working on other members of my family.

Poppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit